Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #21
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
A commitment to TCU? Really?

Is there an offer still out to this kid from the 'Cats?
He's a SF. Where is he going to play? We have Shaq and Jermaine coming in. You still have minutes for Dixon, SK, and Cash to dish out. I think Cronin and the staff are looking for a 4 or a 5.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #22
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A commitment to TCU? Really?

Is there an offer still out to this kid from the 'Cats?
I don't think there was ever an offer out there to him.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
As recently as December he said he held an offer from Cincinnati. He attended the Seton Hall game. I don't know if there is an offer out there anymore but I'd be about 95% confident in saying he held one at one point if he doesn't now.

And Jason, he's a 3/4 guy. He's 6'8"... Bishop plays at the 4 and is only 6'6".
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #24
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
As recently as December he said he held an offer from Cincinnati. He attended the Seton Hall game. I don't know if there is an offer out there anymore but I'd be about 95% confident in saying he held one at one point if he doesn't now.

And Jason, he's a 3/4 guy. He's 6'8"... Bishop plays at the 4 and is only 6'6".
I think every recruit says they have an offer from schools when they really don't. Attending a game doesn't have anything to do with offers. They may have extended an offer at one point but I doubt it lasted very long. Plus I believe he has had serious grade issues.

Bishop plays the 4? That's news to me.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #25
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I think every recruit says they have an offer from schools when they really don't. Attending a game doesn't have anything to do with offers. They may have extended an offer at one point but I doubt it lasted very long. Plus I believe he has had serious grade issues.

Bishop plays the 4? That's news to me.
I know that attending a game does not mean a player has an offer.

The grade issue talk has been around for a long time. The last I heard of it he has improved though it's far from a sure thing he'd qualify.

And yes, Bishop plays minutes at the 4. Watch the games.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #26
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

The grade issue talk has been around for a long time. The last I heard of it he has improved though it's far from a sure thing he'd qualify.

Bishop plays very few minutes at the 4 and only when Mick has to because of foul trouble or wants to go very small. A majority of Bishop's minutes have come at the 3 this year. You have already signed Ellis who is 6'8 and thin. Do you really want to sign another of those in hopes that they both bulk up a bit? Wilks was never able to put any weight on. Some guys just can't do it. It is a big risk and I don't see the coaching staff doing that unless they run out of options.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #27
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:

I do watch games. Bishop plays very few minutes at the 4. He rarely ever guards the opposing players PF. And just because he plays a couple minutes at the 4 doesn't mean he is a 4. I guess you would call Dixon a PG too? Or for that matter Bishop?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #28
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
“West Virginia has always been my top pick,” says Rhoomes. “That’s just what was always on my mind. I really wanted to go to West Virginia, but then I didn’t really know what I wanted to do with my life. It’s always been my top pick, though.”

http://wvillustrated.com/wvubasketball/recruiting
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #29
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I do watch games. Bishop plays very few minutes at the 4. He rarely ever guards the opposing players PF. And just because he plays a couple minutes at the 4 doesn't mean he is a 4. I guess you would call Dixon a PG too? Or for that matter Bishop?
Where in my post did I say Bishop was a 4? I said he plays minutes at the 4? You said as much yourself. My point is he's a guy with potential versatility. Once again, he's 6'8"... that's more than enough size to play (possibly substantial) minutes at the 4 in addition to minutes at the 3.

Dixon is a 2 guard that plays minutes at PG- see how this works?
Old 02-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #30
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Bishop plays very few minutes at the 4 and only when Mick has to because of foul trouble or wants to go very small. A majority of Bishop's minutes have come at the 3 this year. You have already signed Ellis who is 6'8 and thin. Do you really want to sign another of those in hopes that they both bulk up a bit? Wilks was never able to put any weight on. Some guys just can't do it. It is a big risk and I don't see the coaching staff doing that unless they run out of options.
Jason,

Rhoomes is far from my first choice right now with the remaining scholarship... I'm simply pointing out the fact that he very easily COULD play the 4... just like Bishop Wilks is only in that 6'6" range. This kid has 4 size.

I've made my personal preference well known in the God's Gift thread- that's who I want to see in a Bearcat uniform to round out this class.