Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
This. If he is playing for us in important situations we are in big trouble. There is a reason he doesnt have a big time scholarship just as there was a reason why epp didnt have one either. He is here to help the guys out in practice.
No kidding. Anyone else notice the other players in this recruiting class?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #22
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Why is it important to mention his color? Does it matter? If he is talented and qualifies sign him up. he is a american hows that.
Did you mean to quote me or did you not understand the context of what I was saying?

Color doesn't matter...to me. It does to AmberColonel.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #23
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Did you mean to quote me or did you not understand the context of what I was saying?

Color doesn't matter...to me. It does to AmberColonel.
i got it thanks.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #24
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
I'm often amazed when the tournament comes around how many of these kids who never had a big time scholarship offer tend to play well. Paxon for the bulls made a living off of just hitting open shots.

I just think it is important to not just look at how much an athlete a player is but also to look at his basketball IQ and his shooting percentages. I have no idea about the level of competition this kid had but those seem like strong numbers. Again nobody thought Logan was going to play much either.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #25
bearcatfan1211

bearcatfan1211 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatrunner View Post
I'm often amazed when the tournament comes around how many of these kids who never had a big time scholarship offer tend to play well. Paxon for the bulls made a living off of just hitting open shots.

I just think it is important to not just look at how much an athlete a player is but also to look at his basketball IQ and his shooting percentages. I have no idea about the level of competition this kid had but those seem like strong numbers. Again nobody thought Logan was going to play much either.
You can't just pick out the needle in a haystack though and assume Twyman will turn into him. For every Steve Logan there are tons more than don't amount to much more than practice material. Sure everybody wants this guy to be the next Logan, but do you realize how likely that is to happen?
bearcatfan1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan1211 View Post
You can't just pick out the needle in a haystack though and assume Twyman will turn into him. For every Steve Logan there are tons more than don't amount to much more than practice material. Sure everybody wants this guy to be the next Logan, but do you realize how likely that is to happen?
Yeah let's stop trying to find the next Logan and continue playing guys who can't shoot. That way we can just keep complaining about it.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #27
bearcatfan1211

bearcatfan1211 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatrunner View Post
Yeah let's stop trying to find the next Logan and continue playing guys who can't shoot. That way we can just keep complaining about it.
I think we all want to have another Steve Logan on this squad. But don't lose sight of the fact that this guy is walking on for a reason. He has to be able to do more than just shoot at this level.
bearcatfan1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #28
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Dear God, please stop with this race shit. He's a white guy that can shoot, we need someone who can shoot. Do we need to be politically correct about everything? As long as he isn't a cancer to the team and can shoot, I don't care if he is purple. I was mentioning that he is white because he is, should I have said he was black, even though he isn't? I hate assholes like you who turn everything into a race war.
Just so you know, he isn't the one that started the "race shit". You are the one that talked about race and he said it doesn't matter.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #29
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan1211 View Post
I think we all want to have another Steve Logan on this squad. But don't lose sight of the fact that this guy is walking on for a reason. He has to be able to do more than just shoot at this level.
Agreed. If he can play, he will play. It's as simple as that. I believe that one guy on Kentucky was a 3 year walk on that earned a scholarship his 4th year and now sees significant playing time. Perhaps that will happen here.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #30
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
I'm just going to make it short, sweet, and to the point.

If you're expecting a walk-on to help the team out in any way during a game, you are mistaken.

That being said, I think it's pretty cool that it's Twyman's grandson. Keeps his legacy alive.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote