Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
14' CA SG Daryl Edwards

Edwards just named his top 5 schools which are UC, Villanova, Oregon state, Fresno state, Tulane.
He is a nice looking under the radar SG who is very skinny but could be a sleeper for us and by the looks of that list we have a pretty good shot at him. He has a quick release and some nice videos if any one else has time feel free to post them.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
bearcats5

bearcats5 is on a distinguished road
MidMajorhoopsReport ‏@MMHoopsReport: Darryl Edwards (6'3"/Guard/Fresno/2014) top 5 schools (no particular order): Cincinnati, Oregon State, Fresno St, Tulane, Villanova #HSBB

Averaging 23.8 ppg this season: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dary...Jg/default.htm

Had a 42 point performance last month: http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/01/11/...lma-hoops.html

Had a triple-double this past week: Austin Kemp ‏@beekemp Feb 13: Daryl Edwards posts a TRIPLE-DOUBLE in Fresno's 73-52 route of McLane. 26 points, 11 rebounds, 12 assists

Tweet for first video below: Dowap ‏@DweeezyEdwards Dec 25: Highlights from my last two games. 38 & 33 point triple doubles. Daryl Edwards HIT Highlights

Without watching the videos yet, I believe these two are his 42 point game based on their title (#5 on white):

bearcats5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
nkywestside

nkywestside is on a distinguished road
He's definately interesting. He looks the part of a pretty good scorer. His range in the videos is interesting. He looks to have range up to 25 feet. Pretty slender and his ballhandling seems decent atleast at the high school level. Watching the videos his shot reminds me a little of Sean's in that it's pretty close to a set shot. However, he definately has no trouble getting his shots off. Actually, his shot reminds me more of Curry from Golden State.
nkywestside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkywestside View Post
He's definately interesting. He looks the part of a pretty good scorer. His range in the videos is interesting. He looks to have range up to 25 feet. Pretty slender and his ballhandling seems decent atleast at the high school level. Watching the videos his shot reminds me a little of Sean's in that it's pretty close to a set shot. However, he definately has no trouble getting his shots off. Actually, his shot reminds me more of Curry from Golden State.
Good points. I thought it was odd watching him shoot. Just for the fact that he hardly jumps when shooting. Maybe gets a couple inches off the ground.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #6
Nate1213

Nate1213 is on a distinguished road
His shot reminds me of Sanders, in that he doesn't get his shot off very fast.
Nate1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1213 View Post
?!!!!
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #8
culverrd

culverrd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1213 View Post
Lol Sanders has one of the slowest shots I have ever seen in my life
culverrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #9
Nate1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
Lol Sanders has one of the slowest shots I have ever seen in my life
Yeah no doubt. Sometimes it's hard watching him receive the ball and thinking he has room to shoot but he doesn't because of his release.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #10
Nate1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
?!!!!
I'm not hating on the kid. He looks like he has good ball control and can get to the rim, but just from that one video I watched his release looked a little slow to develop. Not exactly Sanders slow though.