Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #351
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I'd love to know what's insane about it?

Facts:
-UCLA lost its 3 best players
-UCLA was picked 8th in the Pac 12
-UC returned its top 3 scorers, its leading rebounder and its leading passer. Also one was a preseason all American.
-UC was picked top 3 in the league
-Preseason brackets had UC slotted in
-Most of this fanbase expected to make the tourney

UCLA is playing in the 4th best conference in the country now too. But don't take my word for it, just look it via kenpom. We play in the 7th.

This is the first time since the McDonald's all American game existed that UCLA does not have a MCD's all American on its roster. So historically, this is the least talented UCLA team in the last 20-30 years.

I didn't make any of that stuff up.

But maybe you thought so highly of Mick that your self expected him to make the tourney in year 1 and play for the regular season standings leader. I know the rest of the country didn't
Hopefully the ppl in the back can see this
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #352
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd love to know what's insane about it?

Facts:
-UCLA lost its 3 best players
-UCLA was picked 8th in the Pac 12
-UC returned its top 3 scorers, its leading rebounder and its leading passer. Also one was a preseason all American.
-UC was picked top 3 in the league
-Preseason brackets had UC slotted in
-Most of this fanbase expected to make the tourney

UCLA is playing in the 4th best conference in the country now too. But don't take my word for it, just look it via kenpom. We play in the 7th.

This is the first time since the McDonald's all American game existed that UCLA does not have a MCD's all American on its roster. So historically, this is the least talented UCLA team in the last 20-30 years.

I didn't make any of that stuff up.

But maybe you thought so highly of Mick that your self expected him to make the tourney in year 1 and play for the regular season standings leader. I know the rest of the country didn't
Someone posted their roster earlier this year. Think they have 8 4-star players on their current roster. Yep they are starving for talent. Again, the guy isn’t coming back. He’s done a great job turning that thing around. Awesome. He’s still not coming back
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #353
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Hopefully the ppl in the back can see this
I’m thankful we have brannen. He will do great... I mean look at if we went with a hyped up choice like Memphis did with penny.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:19 PM   #354
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I’m thankful we have brannen. He will do great... I mean look at if we went with a hyped up choice like Memphis did with penny.
nick the quick baby, guaranteed final 4 every season
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:28 PM   #355
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
nick the quick baby, guaranteed final 4 every season
Lol
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:30 PM   #356
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol this is a horrible take.

A job can be better long term but not have immediate expected success

UCLA was picked 8th in the pac 12 and lost their 3 best players from a losing team who didn’t make the tourney,

This season UC was expected to make the tourney, UCLA wasn’t,

It’s simple
If you took a poll before the season and told people that jarron would be dealing with injuries all year, I would say 99% of people would not have pick uc to make the tourney. Unless chad Brendel is lying. Maybe he is. Who knows but you seemed to believe him until it didn’t line up with your argument

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-24-2020 at 05:32 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:31 PM   #357
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
pretty crazy to think cronin did as well as he did at UC starting off going 2-14 his first year in conference play
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #358
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
pretty crazy to think cronin did as well as he did at UC starting off going 2-14 his first year in conference play
Pretty crazy indeed considering it was the greatest conference ever assembled.

Meanwhile we are playing in a very mediocre AAC that likely secure just 2-3 bids.

Oh... we will also forget that mick returned nothing that first year. Meanwhile that was not the case for CJB.

Do you think the rest of the league voted us 3rd place because they knew John Brannen was an elite coach or could it be because they saw we returned our top 3 scorers from a team that won the AAC championship.... yes we won the championship.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #359
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If you took a poll before the season and told people that jarron would be dealing with injuries all year, I would say 99% of people would not have pick uc to make the tourney. Unless chad Brendel is lying. Maybe he is. Who knows but you seemed to believe him until it didn’t line up with your argument
I seemed to believe it until Jarron said otherwise.

We have insiders and then we have the horses mouth.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #360
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
i also agree Jarron isn't hurt. He likes to sit on the ground and not move after being fouled and having to come out because he likes to act like he can barely walk, but really he's just tricking the other team. him and teddy set that up before the game, jarron told him to act like he was giving jarron time before giving him the ball for free throws. jarron had to agree to let teddy call a phantom foul on him, which teddy did early in the game.

pranked wichita state good.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote