Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #111
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Osu is garbage. The refs are beyond pathetic it's disgusting. We would have won handily if we could buy a shot and these stooges in stripes called a remotely even game. I'm sick.

Last edited by cliftonballer; 11-06-2019 at 09:46 PM.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:45 PM   #112
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Overall we got a long way to go, wether the refs were trash or not, definitely happy that we stayed in the game the way we did, but offensively we have a loooooong way to go. Good news is we have a lot of practice days in between games, come aac play I expect ya to be a solid team, but you can tell brannen was frustrated at times at a lot of people.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:49 PM   #113
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Had plenty of chances. Terrible shooting night. Tre was bad, Jarron was 0-6 from 3 and air balled 3 of them. Jaevin missed some easy ones. And the refs didn’t helped. I did think the 2bigs played better than I thought. They play solid defense on one of the best post players in the country. I’ll take that
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:49 PM   #114
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Brannen called a good game. The refs sucked. We sucked shooting and some decisions. Too many fouls. Cumberland needed to be a bigger part of the game driving to open up JC2 and McNeal. Defense was solid
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #115
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Brannen called a good game. The refs sucked. We sucked shooting and some decisions. Too many fouls. Cumberland needed to be a bigger part of the game driving to open up JC2 and McNeal. Defense was solid
I thought Brannen could have let Jarron iso a bit more and see if he could get people open shots but he’s learning too. Hope they improve
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #116
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Love Brannens fluid substitutions and what he is trying to do to get us to run something other than Cland iso when we are desperate. Jaron may not love it now but at the end of the season he should be very happy.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #117
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
The good:

-More competitive game than last year despite the final score.

-Vogt and Sorolla arguably did better than expected

-Whole heartedly believe we would've won that game at 5/3rd

-The game could've easily gone down to the wire if as few as 2 bad calls against us went our way

The bad:

-Poor shooting game by all accounts

-Struggled to defend without fouling

-Jarron had a rough game

-OSU shifted the momentum of the game within the opening seconds of the 2nd half and never looked back
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #118
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
The one thing I didn’t want to say after the game is I am really worried. I actually feel better about the season upcoming. The shots will fall and if we play D like that we will be just fine
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:02 PM   #119
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
33% from the field ... 19% from 3....missed free throws, missed lay ups... refs did help them yes, but we did not help ourselves. Jaevin was 1-6, McNeal looked good at times... Mamadou just looks lost af.. tre had a bad night, Jarron just didn’t seem like Jarron.......BUT the sun will rise tomorrow and this team will improve, they play very hard and I do think come conference play we will be improved
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:04 PM   #120
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Our bench was outscored 21-13 which ended up being the same deficit as our margin of defeat.

I said earlier that the OSU's freshmen would be an x-factor in the game. Their frosh outscored ours 14-4.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote