Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #51
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
I was disappointed in Moore as well but he’s been injured. I’m glad he actually shot the ball. He seems to lack confidence when playing seeing him actually shoot is encouraging. Give it some time I have confidence that Brannen will get him going.
It's early I get that...but moving with the ball is not in his game anyway. So he has to hit set shots. So far in his career he has not and I was hoping this was the year (and maybe he still can). Jaevin can not only hit 3's but he can hit them on the move and he can get to the lane once in a while to boot. Moore will not get in the game very long if the only thing he can do is shoot the set shot. Williams and both Cumberlands can do more with the ball. Keith has been doing good on low volume 3's.

I don't want to crap on Moore but it might be time to keep building up Harvey's confidence rather than Trevor's. We can use both there isn't much time behind the 3 lead dogs.

Last edited by waterhead; 11-11-2019 at 08:31 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #52
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Good lord is it fun to see Jaevin shoot the ball!! I keep thinking some of them are bad shots but all of them are either in or taking a lap around the rim.
My oh my is his shot beautiful. I can't remember the last player that had a shot as good looking as his. Maybe Steve Logan, but Jaevin has more bounce on his shot. I pretty much want him to shoot it every time he catches it. I'm glad Moore is healthy again but I don't see how it gets any meaningful PT over the current backcourt players.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #53
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't worry about Moore. I think he'll slowly eat into Diarra's minutes as he gets into form again and re-establishes himself as a reliable presence at both ends of the floor.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #54
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

I also thought Jarron looked fine. Was really good in the first half and didn't really play much in the second half b/c there was no need to.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #55
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I wouldn't worry about Moore. I think he'll slowly eat into Diarra's minutes as he gets into form again and re-establishes himself as a reliable presence at both ends of the floor.
I'm not sure how Moore will eat into Diarra's minutes considering one is an off guard and the other is a backup 4/5. They both will probably be on light spot duty in any important games.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:55 PM   #56
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I'm not sure how Moore will eat into Diarra's minutes considering one is an off guard and the other is a backup 4/5. They both will probably be on light spot duty in any important games.
Moore played some small ball 4 for us last year and I think that's his best position for us this season. Diarra, for all his athletic ability, is still too raw to give us meaningful minutes right now.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #57
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Moore played some small ball 4 for us last year and I think that's his best position for us this season. Diarra, for all his athletic ability, is still too raw to give us meaningful minutes right now.
I’m not sure why anyone cares about Moore. He is the last thing this team needs. He is in his third and we are still waiting for him to hit any kind of stride. We have an abundance of shooters now. I see Moore as a being a spectator from here on out.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #58
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Having attended Brannen’s first home game - a very good one, my takeaway is new excitement for Williams. I see him moving into a strong leadership position and becoming an offensive force to rival Cumberland. It seems Brannen’s system suits Williams and has magnified his confidence. I look for him to be the key to some significant victories this year. I love the way the team looks and could only be happier if we had Logan Johnson cause I think he could play on this team.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #59
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
If his best position is a 4 than he is in big trouble. He would have gotten dominated as a 4 against either OSU or Drake. I know he was forced to play the 4 at times (albeit a very, very small sample) but I'm surprised people have ran with this idea that he'd be any bit effective there.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:13 PM   #60
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Really have been impressed the with the defensive intensity so far. I thought we might lose a little of that with Cronin. Brannen has not given any ground. On one play he yanked Keith for not hustling on an in bound play. We almost had a 5 second call working and Keith let his man run up and receive the pass without defending it. CJB was pissed and had to collect himself just to talk to the team.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote