Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #72
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Sad to watch a team you have to beat by 30 Not to feel like you’ve lost
We will beat them by 30+, but 4 minutes left in the game and we still have all the starters in the game. I think that tells you how Brannen feels about how we have played this game.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #73
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Rashad was one of my favorite Cronin players. He really did play a pro level of defense just a solid player kind of reminded me of Pete mickeal a little... Davenport is the most impressive freshman so far he has some decent size on him and he does move pretty well. Still waiting on Harvey and MAW makes me wonder I'm not sure what kind of players he's gonna become
MAW has a nice stroke and is a good athlete. I'm not sure he will ever make it at PG here, but he could at least have a Kevin Johnson like 3 and D type career (hopefully without the TO's).
Old 11-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #74
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
I love that they played like a different team in the second half. It shows that whatever Brannen did it halftime was strong.Usually it’s the other way around. They play well in the first half and then slide.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #75
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
MAW has a nice stroke and is a good athlete. I'm not sure he will ever make it at PG here, but he could at least have a Kevin Johnson like 3 and D type career (hopefully without the TO's).
Yeah. Still early. His shot looked better than I thought it was tonight. If your a good athlete and have a good shot, you can usually have a decent college career.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #76
skyblade
Epic Member

It was an ugly game, but we won comfortably. It's looking like McNeal's early three-point shooting was a mirage and 30-35% might be about what we can expect from him. He might need a Brannen directive that can only shoot threes when wide open.

But if there's any good game to be sloppy this was it. Hopefully we clean things up for the paradise jam and can win the tournament.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #77
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Win our tourney and get better for the December grind. Hopefully we see strides made.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #78
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
11 of 16 turnovers by 3 guys. Jaevin made up for it with 5 steals and 5 assists and the points. McNeal had a bad game. MAW had a bad game. The bigs had a hay day.

Didn't learn much other than perhaps McNeal is not a good shooter from 3. I thought after exhibition maybe he worked hard enough on it. He was shooting 17% and that went down tonight. He still does a lot of other things for us and we have the Cumberlands so not a big deal on shooting I guess. Was nice to see Trevon get his shot going. Really nice!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #79
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Jarron didn't play because of a "coach's decision" and that's all Brannen said to Hoard and KJ about it.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #80
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Jarron didn't play because of a "coach's decision" and that's all Brannen said to Hoard and KJ about it.
In retrospect it is ideal Cumberland did not play as it was a great opportunity for the other guys to gel. That said I am a bit worried because it is a very big deal to end Cland’s starting streak and then not even to let him dress. This shows that the issues are major in Cland adjusting. I hope he can pull it together. I would imagine he is struggling with things not revolving around him and instead folding into an offensive scheme. Unfortunately his ways are probably set in the system where they ran no offense and we relied solely on atheletism. I know he will be so much better if he buys in 100% but coach Brannen can not let him be disruptive to the process because Cland will influence every other player.