Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-30-2015, 08:09 AM   #141
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Next year is going to be interesting assuming Deberry gets in better shape. It'll be very hard to have Deberry, Ellis, or Clark on the bench. Obviously it will be Deberry most of the time but I'm like you Jeff, I really like the potential of Deberry. His defense was very good tonight and he puts pretty on the other teams bigs with the way he attacks.
Earlier in the year Chuck said on the radio he wishes we had DeBerry for 4 years. I also think that when Quad is a senior we will really wish that we redshirted him this year.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #142
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Best effort I've seen yet out of Quadri on the floor.
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #143
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Earlier in the year Chuck said on the radio he wishes we had DeBerry for 4 years. I also think that when Quad is a senior we will really wish that we redshirted him this year.
I wonder if in a lot of cases that JUCO helps develops players better. It amazes me to see how far Ellis has come and I have a hard time seeing him being this good had he stayed at UC. That isn't a knock on Mick or UC, just that being able to play at JUCO vs. sitting the bench in D1 and be better for you. Perhaps that is the same with Deberry. I'm just glad we got another year with these guys. If things keep progressing they could be very good next year.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:58 AM   #144
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Loved the effort out of everyone last night, Q really stuck out to me, the first time I've seen him really into a game, hustled everywhere, made some nice plays. The potential with him is off the charts, he's not polished yet, but when he gets there, watch out. If he continues with these kinds of efforts and from what I hear he practices hard everyday, he'll be there sooner than we think. This team excites me, and to think basically they'll have the same team back next year with even more raw talent, and a year experience under the current players belts. Wow!
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:03 AM   #145
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
There was one spectacular play by Moore. That screen he set on that player from UCONN. WOW!! Quadri "The Human Wall" Moore.
Hahaha I liked how Caupain stopped and looked at the ref assuming they were going to call it for something while Davis is screaming to keep going. Then the ref just shrugs his shoulders and says it was clean. Love it.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #146
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
Loved the effort out of everyone last night, Q really stuck out to me, the first time I've seen him really into a game, hustled everywhere, made some nice plays. The potential with him is off the charts, he's not polished yet, but when he gets there, watch out. If he continues with these kinds of efforts and from what I hear he practices hard everyday, he'll be there sooner than we think. This team excites me, and to think basically they'll have the same team back next year with even more raw talent, and a year experience under the current players belts. Wow!
Adding in Evans, Jenifer, and Scott...that team will be very talented.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:15 AM   #147
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Has anyone else thought about the Cats D and compared it to Syracuse of years past? I think it could be that good with this match up zone they've been playing. Long quick players help make this a great Defense.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #148
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
What a game! That place was loud for 11,100. Those free white out shirts get the students there early and really makes a difference. I enjoyed hearing them chant "F*** you UConn," but at the same time... we don't live in Cleveland as Sam Wyche would put it.

I think our young Cats are getting real close to their full potential. Next year is our Final 4 year. If UConn can do it, so can we. Gary Clark might average a double double next season and maintain it the rest of his stay in Clifton... That guy has some great bball IQ and just knows where to be. From this point on Caupain is our leader and go to guy in clutch time. He and Gary are only 19... This team's future is BRIGHT. Throw a true PG in there with Jenifer and that might be the missing piece (plus maturity)
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #149
PakMan

PakMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal E View Post
Ellis has struggled both games against UConn, Brimah ate his lunch a few times in each game. Just seems to be a bad matchup for him. He has been good this year though, and was particularly effective against SMU...which we will need next Thursday.
He has been good, but I can't help but wonder when his emotional issues will cost us in a big moment. He has been for the most part in check this year, but he's been on the verge of exploding a few times. I definitely worry about his ability to control his emotions in big moments.
PakMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #150
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Hahaha I liked how Caupain stopped and looked at the ref assuming they were going to call it for something while Davis is screaming to keep going. Then the ref just shrugs his shoulders and says it was clean. Love it.
From my angle, it looked like the ref goes up and gives this "really?" look to the guy who flopped.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote