Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Memphis Round 2

Memphis is desperate.

This will be a badly needed win for them, so I expect a expect an all war from the tigers

But were desperate too and we need a win just as bad.

Bearcats win
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #2
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Is Memphis currently projected in the field?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #3
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Is Memphis currently projected in the field?
They are in 26 of 91 brackets. This is a very important bubble game.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:13 PM   #4
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
According to Penny, Precious didn't practice today and will likely be a game time decision come Thursday.

Without him, I think we could win a blowout, and even with him playing, I think we can beat them by double digits. DJ Jeffries will still be out.

They had a healthy roster against Tulsa a few weeks ago and still lost by an embarrassing 40 point margin.

If we can get up on them early, they'll resort to hero ball, and I don't think they make a fraction of those ridiculous deep shots at Fifth Third that they made at FedEx.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:25 AM   #5
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
According to Penny, Precious didn't practice today and will likely be a game time decision come Thursday.

yeah yeah same thing before last game
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:07 AM   #6
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
yeah yeah same thing before last game
Yep. Precious is playing.

He’s BSing
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:13 AM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Without him, I think we could win a blowout, and even with him playing, I think we can beat them by double digits. DJ Jeffries will still be out.

They had a healthy roster against Tulsa a few weeks ago and still lost by an embarrassing 40 point margin.

If we can get up on them early, they'll resort to hero ball, and I don't think they make a fraction of those ridiculous deep shots at Fifth Third that they made at FedEx.
We need a slightly different game plan. If we want to go into the lane that's fine but we need to be ready to dish, kick out or use the reverse side of the rim. They packed our lunch and then ate it. This is a tough match up for us. They protect the rim and the 3 ball. We don't score well if we have to shoot 2 pt jumpers. I hope we learned a thing or two...
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:48 PM   #8
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Will be a little different at Fifth Third, I expect the crowd to be rocking (Hopefully Fickell is there) , we need to take the next 4 going into a big road game at Houston... but as they say one at a time, I think we take care of business tomorrow night.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #9
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yep. Precious is playing.

He’s BSing
He will likely play but he will be much more banged up than the last time we faced him.

He missed the last 5 minutes of the USF game after taking a bad fall and suffering what was assumed to be a hip pointer.

On top of that, he was already having one of his worst games of the year and some Memphis fans were saying he had missed practices leading up to the USF game with other ailments.

Not saying we should overlook Memphis because of this, but rather gain confidence that this is a battered team we can exploit with the right gameplan and max effort.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:06 PM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He will likely play but he will be much more banged up than the last time we faced him.

He missed the last 5 minutes of the USF game after taking a bad fall and suffering what was assumed to be a hip pointer.

On top of that, he was already having one of his worst games of the year and some Memphis fans were saying he had missed practices leading up to the USF game with other ailments.

Not saying we should overlook Memphis because of this, but rather gain confidence that this is a battered team we can exploit with the right gameplan and max effort.
Jarron has been in a walking boot after every game. If Precious can step on the floor I assume he will be fine. We don't put JC on the injured list every game...what a joke
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote