jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
PG - Caupain, Cobb
SG - KJ, Cobb, Morman
SF - Sanders, Shaq, Morman
PF - Clark, Moore, Shaq
C- Ellis, DeBerry

As the season goes on and everyone finds their role, there becomes less and less of a reason to experiment. It seems like the staff is pretty comfortable with the 5 starters and Cobb as the 6th man. So when we need to win a game, we aren't going to use backups in the 2nd half for extended minutes unless there is foul trouble. The way this team will continue to improve is for everyone to continue to have a defined role. If LD is just flying off the seat of his pants and using random lineups at all times, we'll never get where we want to go. Again, good for Morman and Moore and those guys for being ready to play, but they did their job. And the starters did theirs. That's how you pull out conference road games.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 01-26-2015 at 12:41 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #112
you're sanders

you're sanders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
I think Sanders has given this team a HUGE boost since he has become a starter. He has played better defense than I thought he was capable of and he has become a great rebounder in the past few games. Along with his timely three's, I think he is becoming THE glue guy of this bearcat team.
are you trying to say that you're sanders?
you're sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:39 PM   #113
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by you're sanders View Post
Uhhh....what is going on....
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #114
the_glue

the_glue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
sanders is definitely the glue guy. been saying that all season...
the_glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #115
you're sanders

you're sanders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_glue View Post
sanders is definitely the glue guy. been saying that all season...
so you're saying that you're sanders.

i thought you were stamps.
you're sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:18 PM   #116
Notorius C.A.T.

Notorius C.A.T. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
We ended up winning by 10 bc KJ hit a couple big 3s and made all of his FT and Caupain took over and got to the basket a couple times and made all but 1 of his FT. Sanders has played well since entering the starting lineup and is a senior and our go to inbound passer. No way Morman was playing over any of those guys in crunch time. 2nd half of the season you need to stick as close to the top of the depth chart as possible, especially on the road. Plus, the starters played excellent defense the entire 2nd half. We couldn't afford a lapse from Morman on that end.
Here's the bottom line. We won the game and you will always be able to claim your opinion was the right one and I can't prove otherwise. We won't agree here so we should move on. All I can say in the end is that we won in spite of some of the coaching decisions yesterday. Our team has no studs. We have nobody scoring in double figures. Conventional wisdom gets thrown out the window when it comes to our team and going with the hot hand becomes way more applicable. But again, we won so lets move on to argue this point another day.

Last edited by Notorius C.A.T.; 01-26-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Notorius C.A.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #117
the_glue

the_glue is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You can call me sanders
the_glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #118
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You mean you're you're sanders.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #119
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorius C.A.T. View Post
Here's the bottom line. We won the game and you will always be able to claim your opinion was the right one and I can't prove otherwise. We won't agree here so we should move on. All I can say in the end is that we won in spite of some of the coaching decisions yesterday. Our team has no studs. We have nobody scoring in double figures. Conventional wisdom gets thrown out the window when it comes to our team and going with the hot hand becomes way more applicable. But again, we won so lets move on to argue this point another day.
I can see where you're coming from, I think we can agree to disagree and move on.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #120
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I have done some flip flopping so far this season at the 2 and 3 about who needs to be in there. I think LD has settled in on the most effective starting lineup. We have two starters now who can shoot the 3 (decent) and that helps open up the inside out game. Thomas and Morman are not able to provide that. Cobb can but he has proven to be streaky. If he is streaky we can just wait for him to get hot and then keep him in there longer.

We need to pass it inside and let the defense decide whether to collapse or not and then kick it out or take a shot around the bucket accordingly.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote