Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Last 7 games with Jarron at point much of the games...MAW results

2.5 pts on 19 minutes per game

Jaevin

9 pts on 21 minutes

I know there is more to it than that...but just like Vogt...his offense is enough to keep him on the floor. I think it's time Jaevin gets a shot at starting and adjust his minutes up to 25 or so and MAW down to 15 or so.
I agree, with Jarron at the point that pushes MAW to the wing and he has struggled, my biggest thing with MAW is him fouling 40ft from the basket, if you get beat and you hack the guy so he doesn't get an easy lay up, fine... But if you are hand checking a guy when you don't ever strip the ball, that needs to stop. I think Jaevin should slide into that spot with MAW and Dou being the first guys off the bench.... On the flip side to that when Jaevin is cold he is useless, he turns the ball over and is less than ideal at defending.
Unfortunately we are just not a very deep team.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #52
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I agree, with Jarron at the point that pushes MAW to the wing and he has struggled, my biggest thing with MAW is him fouling 40ft from the basket, if you get beat and you hack the guy so he doesn't get an easy lay up, fine... But if you are hand checking a guy when you don't ever strip the ball, that needs to stop. I think Jaevin should slide into that spot with MAW and Dou being the first guys off the bench.... On the flip side to that when Jaevin is cold he is useless, he turns the ball over and is less than ideal at defending.

Maw and harvey both use their hands far too much on defense. They pick up a lot of fouls that way.

Jaevin just has to play more. He helps stretch the defense. He also has the lowest turnover rate on the team.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #53
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I agree with much of what you said. The turnover thing has already been addressed by someone else. But my other input would be you don't know when the hot stretch is coming...he could miss the first three 3's and then hit 3 in a row. You have to let him shoot. Of course if he is cold he's not helping much but that can be said for a lot of players. MAW picking up fouls and not scoring isn't helping much either. The defense has to account for where Jaevin is on the floor.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:44 AM   #54
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
MAW kinda hit a freshman wall, which happens. He played well for us when we needed him and now the other guys gotta pick him up now that he's struggling.
Yah. He is still very useful but just not seeing the starter minutes right now. We need extra ball handlers at times and he can still shoot pretty well when set. He's not creating some of his own 3's like Jaevin and I don't really want him to. 15 mpg is more than enough to keep him engaged. He can get 20 depending on foul trouble with other wings.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote