Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-24-2020, 09:28 AM   #121
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
He’s doing this with a hurt Jarron too. From what I’m told. Imagine how he would do with a fully heathy Jarron all year. 1 seed? Maybe

wasn't one of the things talked about when looking for a new coach is we might lose more games vs bad opponents but the hope was we'd do better vs better opponents?

i dont think anybody is saying see i told you. or omg we're so awesome. or john brannen is a hall of famer.

i was just pointing out how ridiculous somebody has been all year. brannen has ups and downs with the team. there are some things i hope he improves on as the years go. if there are specific things still happening 10 years from now, better believe im gonna talk about it and want better.

if before we started this season you told me jarron would be hurt and really struggle in a handful of games but we'd still be fighting for a tournament spot and be tied for 1st in the league with a few games left, i'd take that. i think everybody would take that.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #122
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Jesus Christ this is sad
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:30 AM   #123
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hard to debate we wouldn’t be a lot better with a heathy Jarron. That’s common sense.,
hard to debate with somebody that doesn't want to be rational in any way and intentionally distorts arguments and statistics to "prove" his point.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:33 AM   #124
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
wasn't one of the things talked about when looking for a new coach is we might lose more games vs bad opponents but the hope was we'd do better vs better opponents?

i dont think anybody is saying see i told you. or omg we're so awesome. or john brannen is a hall of famer.

i was just pointing out how ridiculous somebody has been all year. brannen has ups and downs with the team. there are some things i hope he improves on as the years go. if there are specific things still happening 10 years from now, better believe im gonna talk about it and want better.

if before we started this season you told me jarron would be hurt and really struggle in a handful of games but we'd still be fighting for a tournament spot and be tied for 1st in the league with a few games left, i'd take that. i think everybody would take that.
In all honesty, if Jarron has been hurt all year, that gives brannen a little leeway. Jarron was one of the best 20 players in America before this year, on a team and in a league that doesn’t have many of those guys. Has brannen been perfect or even good? Of course not but you have to think if Jarron was heathy we would have won a couple of those games. That’s not a stretch. If we are sitting at 21-6, it’s a totally different conversation.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:01 AM   #125
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Fairy certain that UC should be able to beat Colgate, Bowling green and UCF without a healthy Jarron.

Jarron himself said he was healthy for UCF.

Brannen benched him and let him get stiff against bowling green.

We got destroyed defensively by Colgate in the 2nd half

Those are 3 losses that hurt us the most. I’m not even mad about Tulane. That was a true road game and shit happens.

I mean, next year Is going to even rougher in my opinion. So yea, before we take a year or two break from the tourney, I’d like to see us make it this year.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #126
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Fairy certain that UC should be able to beat Colgate, Bowling green and UCF without a healthy Jarron.

Jarron himself said he was healthy for UCF.

Brannen benched him and let him get stiff against bowling green.

We got destroyed defensively by Colgate in the 2nd half

Those are 3 losses that hurt us the most. I’m not even mad about Tulane. That was a true road game and shit happens.

I mean, next year Is going to even rougher in my opinion. So yea, before we take a year or two break from the tourney, I’d like to see us make it this year.
Wait, Jarron is fine now? When he wasn’t playing well you said he was hurt. When he was throwing the ball to the other team, he was hurt. When he had a bad non conference you said it was because he was dealing with injuries. It’s almost like you story is changing. But that can’t be right.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #127
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Ok so what I’ve learned so far in this board:
-Jarron’s health gives us all the justification we need to lose to powerhouse programs like Colgate, BGU, Tulane and UCF.

-when we lose a game though, always blame Jarron. He’s the guy in charge, he should take the blame

-people wanted to suck all year as long as we can make a Cinderella run. So many people aspired to be a mid major program, I didn’t realize this.

-the team has played phenomenal defense all year long. We get leads and keep them every single time because our defense holds up when we need it to. No need for a change defensively. We’re dominant. Check the PPP.. 4 OT’s in a row just means the other team had a lucky rabbit foot and make some lucky shots

- none of Brannen’s issues followed him to UC. It’s not a TREND. We are amazing free throw shooters and we never squander leads due to poor defensive effort.

-4 tier 3 losses is Absolutely nothing to worry about. It’s all good in the hood. Who cares that we lack the Q1 wins that the only other team in the field with 3 tier 3 losses has. We will coast right in on selection Sunday. Might even get a 1 seed.

Y’all thanks for putting my mind at Ease. Bearcats basketball is in good hands. Next season, when Brannen gets rid of most these Cronin by s who are the reason we suck, we will be the best rebounding, defending and offensive team in the nation.

Let’s go

Last edited by justinhub2003; 02-24-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:14 AM   #128
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Wait, Jarron is fine now? When he wasn’t playing well you said he was hurt. When he was throwing the ball to the other team, he was hurt. When he had a bad non conference you said it was because he was dealing with injuries. It’s almost like you story is changing. But that can’t be right.
After the game last night, he said he felt healthy the last few games.

So I guess he just sucks. And sucks under this new system.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:16 AM   #129
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:

Weird how that changed so quick.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #130
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:

Damn.,, so Jarron is healthy and sucks in this system. I wonder if anyone else on this team sucks ?

Damn Keith Williams from a 105 offensive rating to a 102???? I thought Keith was his idea player and he sucks in this system

Can’t be true for Tre:

Oh sh*t it is... went from a 112 offensive rating to a 105

Damn.. so Jarron, Tre and Keith are worse offensively under Brannen.

I know what it is... they all must be hurt.