Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #131
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Damn.,, so Jarron is healthy and sucks in this system. I wonder if anyone else on this team sucks ?

Damn Keith Williams from a 105 offensive rating to a 102???? I thought Keith was his idea player and he sucks in this system

Can’t be true for Tre:

Oh sh*t it is... went from a 112 offensive rating to a 105

Damn.. so Jarron, Tre and Keith are worse offensively under Brannen.

I know what it is... they all must be hurt.
Weren’t you the one that said he’s been hurt?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #132
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Weird how that changed so quick.
I call it like see em and hear em.

Brendel said his foot was bothering him again. But jarron said he felt fine last few games and it was only yesterday that he was beat up
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:23 AM   #133
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Weren’t you the one that said he’s been hurt?
Brendel mentioned it. Either on the skinny podcast or the BCJ podcast
Old 02-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #134
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok so what I’ve learned so far in this board:
-Jarron’s health gives us all the justification we need to lose to powerhouse programs like Colgate, BGU, Tulane and UCF.

-when we lose a game though, always blame Jarron. He’s the guy in charge, he should take the blame

-people wanted to suck all year as long as we can make a Cinderella run. So many people aspired to be a mid major program, I didn’t realize this.

-the team has played phenomenal defense all year long. We get leads and keep them every single time because our defense holds up when we need it to. No need for a change defensively. We’re dominant. Check the PPP.. 4 OT’s in a row just means the other team had a lucky rabbit foot and make some lucky shots

- none of Brannen’s issues followed him to UC. It’s not a TREND. We are amazing free throw shooters and we never squander leads due to poor defensive effort.

-4 tier 3 losses is Absolutely nothing to worry about. It’s all good in the hood. Who cares that we lack the Q1 wins that the only other team in the field with 3 tier 3 losses has. We will coast right in on selection Sunday. Might even get a 1 seed.

Y’all thanks for putting my mind at Ease. Bearcats basketball is in good hands. Next season, when Brannen gets rid of most these Cronin by s who are the reason we suck, we will be the best rebounding, defending and offensive team in the nation.

Let’s go
Didn’t you also say you weren’t dramatic?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #135
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
I know it's to be expected to have a couple of Danny Hurleys on any collegiate fan forum, but some of the whining and constant need to be right is getting insufferable. The, "see... I told you so" stuff needs to be eliminated from these discussions. I'm not saying a ban should be in order, just, maybe, the mods can delete the posts where guys are bickering back and forth. I get it, everyone likes to be right, but gloating about it makes you look like it's never happened to you before. Reading discussions between 2 or 3 people about how their take is the correct one drives any sane person crazy.
We have played so incredibly poorly of late, it's amazing we're even in the discussion to make the field. If we play ok against Houston and lose I'll be fine with that. I'm expecting a 15-20 point drubbing against Temple on senior night. The South Florida game will determine our season. We cannot lose that game. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season?
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #136
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Didn’t you also say you weren’t dramatic?
its like spinning a top and watching it go
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:08 AM   #137
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
its like spinning a top and watching it go
Damn I thought I was just giving the people want they wanted.

I tried to have on topic basketball discussions and it wasn’t what this board expects of me.

So I went over the “Top”
Old 02-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #138
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
The, "see... I told you so" stuff needs to be eliminated from these discussions. I'm not saying a ban should be in order, just, maybe, the mods can delete the posts where guys are bickering back and forth.
I'm not going to delete anything unless it's threatening, offensive, or political (at least in the sports threads). Every poster is free to express whatever opinion they want. Game threads are the perfect place to get these fights out of our systems, since it will be dead by the time the next game comes around. It's much easier to keep fights out of a few on-topic threads than eliminated completely.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #139
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Damn.,, so Jarron is healthy and sucks in this system. I wonder if anyone else on this team sucks ?

Damn Keith Williams from a 105 offensive rating to a 102???? I thought Keith was his idea player and he sucks in this system

Can’t be true for Tre:

Oh sh*t it is... went from a 112 offensive rating to a 105

Damn.. so Jarron, Tre and Keith are worse offensively under Brannen.

I know what it is... they all must be hurt.

I feel like you romanticize the past. Did we not lose to ecu last year? Did we not give up a lead to Iowa last year in the tourney? Did we not blow a 20 pt lead in the last 10min to Nevada? Did we not lose to Ohio university in ot? Did we not lose to a lot of bad basketball programs over the years? Have we been a great ft shooting team over the years? These are just a few instances and there are more.., I’m not sure how you think things used to be. We have also played a tough schedule as opposed to previous cupcake schedules in the past.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #140
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
I am glad they get a much needed week off..... But if I am being honest with myself I think we lose @Houston, Win @USF, beat Temple on senior night. Get the 2 or 3 seed in the conference tourney, get a bye and end up playing the 6 or 7 seed in the 2nd round and that will be a UConn, UCF, Memphis or Temple and we lose a close game and pray the committee gives us a favor as a last 4 in. I hope I am wrong but just as soon as I think this team turns the corner, they lay an egg. I think the biggest thing is the issues from November are still the same issues in February and they will remain that way into March.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote