Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-15-2018, 11:00 PM   #111
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
The bigs are proving to be what we thought they'd be when we play solid competition. Scott has been bad against osu, unlv, and miss state. he still played 27 minutes but only had 4 rebounds with 2-9 shooting.
Yep.

I think it mightve been a different game if the refs let the teams play. These refs came out looking to call anything and everything. At the end of the day I think they were pretty even, maybe a little homerism for the home team but that happens. They called so much off the ball stuff it was ridiculous. A foul is a foul I suppose but let teams play.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #112
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Yep.

I think it mightve been a different game if the refs let the teams play. These refs came out looking to call anything and everything. At the end of the day I think they were pretty even, maybe a little homerism for the home team but that happens. They called so much off the ball stuff it was ridiculous. A foul is a foul I suppose but let teams play.

i think when cincinnati goes into a road game OOC the games will get called like that. we know we don't foul a lot, but i think the perception of a lot of physical teams is that they foul. i dont think its a coincidence that both this game and the unlv game were called like that.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:36 PM   #113
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think when cincinnati goes into a road game OOC the games will get called like that. we know we don't foul a lot, but i think the perception of a lot of physical teams is that they foul. i dont think its a coincidence that both this game and the unlv game were called like that.
Couldn't agree more
Old 12-16-2018, 05:35 AM   #114
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Cane needs minutes. Needs rythm. We need points.

Hes looked bad, but tough to score with no rythm/time.
He will never be given a chance to do so. And for all of you that’s dogging Cane Broome remember this and I have been saying this from day 1. Cane is not allowed to make mistakes and play through them. He’s not one of Micks favorites. Cane was not the cause of this lose when he really didn’t play in the second half. As a matter of fact he was pulled about a minute of being in with under 10 minutes to play. He made a turnover and was pulled, then Jennifer went in and immediately turned it over with a bad lob attempt to Jarron. Mick being Mick.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:02 AM   #115
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
He will never be given a chance to do so. And for all of you that’s dogging Cane Broome remember this and I have been saying this from day 1. Cane is not allowed to make mistakes and play through them. He’s not one of Micks favorites. Cane was not the cause of this lose when he really didn’t play in the second half. As a matter of fact he was pulled about a minute of being in with under 10 minutes to play. He made a turnover and was pulled, then Jennifer went in and immediately turned it over with a bad lob attempt to Jarron. Mick being Mick.
Agreed jenifer is the better pg right now
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:10 AM   #116
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
I think the story of this game is that Mississippi State got over being rattled by UC’s defense and started playing with fluidity they are capable of. Once that happened UC had no answer because we lack offense. Even when the game was even the color person kept saying our offense was just iso. Who does that in college basketball? Where does Cronin go from here? I don’t think we quadruple down on defense to fix this problem. The strategy is flawed and we will not compete with good high major completion the longer we stick with this torturous defense only grind out offense. I say bring on LoJo and let him play.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:20 AM   #117
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
I think the story of this game is that Mississippi State got over being rattled by UC’s defense and started playing with fluidity they are capable of. Once that happened UC had no answer because we lack offense. Even when the game was even the color person kept saying our offense was just iso. Who does that in college basketball? Where does Cronin go from here? I don’t think we quadruple down on defense to fix this problem. The strategy is flawed and we will not compete with good high major completion the longer we stick with this torturous defense only grind out offense. I say bring on LoJo and let him play.
Except mick will quadruple down on defense. What have we seen that would say anything different? Until Micks recruiting gets better or his offensive coaching gets better, we will be what we’ve seen for years. It’s definitely not bad but it’s certainly not elite. In tough games when mick knows we need to score he gets scared to even run an offense and just prays his 1-2 best guys on the floor continue to make incredible 1:1 plays for 12 minutes. It doesn’t work.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:30 AM   #118
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

I've read on this board for yeeeeaaaaaars that we need to not play two bigs, clear the lane and run more iso plays. The overwhelming thought is our offense is horrible, the weave doesnt work, the bigs are incapable, we want to see what we see in other teams which are guards allowed to dribble and get to the rim. So when Mick actually uses that method, why the complaints?
Old 12-16-2018, 07:34 AM   #119
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Mick can’t coach offense. He never has been able to and never will. That’s why they can’t win the big games and advance far in the tourney. He can coach defense but all UC has ever done is count on one or two guys carrying the team. This team has potential to be a fairly good team but I think Cronin holds them back.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:38 AM   #120
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
Mick can’t coach offense. He never has been able to and never will. That’s why they can’t win the big games and advance far in the tourney. He can coach defense but all UC has ever done is count on one or two guys carrying the team. This team has potential to be a fairly good team but I think Cronin holds them back.
I mean, we beat this same team by 16 last year, was that luck somehow or.......?