Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #131
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
Not sure but no one has really talked about the impact of loosing Larry Davis. He was with Mick for a long time and I got the impression he may have had some insights that Mick lacked. I was at the Purdue tourney game he coached that was a big win. It may be something to bear in mind as we see how the team adjusts or doesn’t adjust against higher caliber talent.
I touched on this as well before the season and was ridiculed. LD was best recruiter on staff and was basically a head coach. Mick directly stated in the UConn postgame that he was not happy with his coaching staff.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #132
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I touched on this as well before the season and was ridiculed.
You got into a fight with one person (Chad). No one else said anything negative. You even tried to keep the fight going two months after it ended. Let it go.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:47 AM   #133
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Those guys aren’t consistent in my opinion. They don’t really create for anyone else
Dude Mick has everyone screwed up. Mick doesn’t want anyone to do anything. Those guys seem to play well in the first half then Mick plays the showcase game. He only knows 1 play in the 2nd half. Sad
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:52 AM   #134
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
What would happen if for once Mick breathe believe in the other guys and ran more plays for those guys. I’ll tell what would happen. This team would seriously be dangerous. Just try it, we really do have the players to do so.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #135
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
We need more natural talent bad. It's depressing. Our team is decent and we play hard most of the time but it would be nice to have a few more guys with natural talent.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:51 PM   #136
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
You got into a fight with one person (Chad). No one else said anything negative. You even tried to keep the fight going two months after it ended. Let it go.
It was a simple disagreement, LOL, only reason I responded is b/c CB said LD couldnt beat ECU on the road when he was HC, well Mick didnt either
Old 01-14-2019, 01:43 PM   #137
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Another question about this game...it seemed to me that under the basket was too often had a help defender flying to try and block the shot, with no chance really, resulting in easy offensive boards.

Perhaps it's that we've been so good in the past it has colored my opinion of what I saw Saturday night. And maybe I'm letting a couple of instances cloud
my entire thinking...but I think this is something that also needs fixed...in addition to the 3 pt defense.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:43 PM   #138
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I touched on this as well before the season and was ridiculed. LD was best recruiter on staff and was basically a head coach. Mick directly stated in the UConn postgame that he was not happy with his coaching staff.
Yes. I personally saw an uptick when LD coached and pretty sure he is Mick’s senior in terms is coaching experience. That said I have never heard a head coach publicly call out assistants in any sport at any time. I find it incredible that any head coach would ever shift blame to the guys he hired and is 100% responsible for at least not in public. Can’t imagine what was going through his head.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:49 PM   #139
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
Yes. I personally saw an uptick when LD coached and pretty sure he is Mick’s senior in terms is coaching experience. That said I have never heard a head coach publicly call out assistants in any sport at any time. I find it incredible that any head coach would ever shift blame to the guys he hired and is 100% responsible for at least not in public. Can’t imagine what was going through his head.
mick doesn't really think rationally when he's that pissed off
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:49 PM   #140
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
mick doesn't really think rationally when he's that pissed off
Or during a game when a team is coming back on them.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote