Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-22-2021, 09:49 PM   #221
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Sorry I’m out of the loop- who is B Fox and what
Is his connection to / knowledge of UC ?
Thanks !
Curious the same. Seems like made up garbage
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:50 PM   #222
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
So because of COVID Dou should be playing more? 8.5 for him by the way and over 16 for Harvey. Using real numbers isn’t as dramatic I know. Covid is not the coaches fault and he helped deliver meals to players. I have no idea where you are going with this. What exactly are you proposing here??
That’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying no matter if Dou is good enough to play 1 min or 10, it’s absolutely hard to go trough all that isolation and sacrifice and only play a few min a game on a losing team. So in a year this delicate and with transfer rules changing, John is going to have to gain a whole Another level of empathy for his players.

This again is only validating my hunches about him.

Maybe I’m dead wrong. But I told y’all months ago that the locker seemed toxic. Starting to really seem that way.

I think the pressure is really building in the fan base. John has to rwin in year three or I think it’s the end.

For the record... I hope he wins
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:14 AM   #223
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
So it seems my hunch about Brannen maybe validated. Interesting
I don’t have an agenda like you. I want the team to do well. You’ve been on the guys case since he was hired be cause you didn’t like the hire. You Could never wait to get on here and talk about how bad he was, then follow it up with, “I hope I’m wrong”. So sorry if people don’t take you seriously. if you were a normal person that didn’t make things up constantly, get banned from message boards, or want the guy out from the start, maybe people would actually listen to you. Just something to consider.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-23-2021 at 04:24 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:49 AM   #224
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Sorry I’m out of the loop- who is B Fox and what
Is his connection to / knowledge of UC ?
Thanks !
I think he is a lawyer in his day job, but also covers the team when he can. He’s kind of like a chad, but doesn’t do it as a full time job. He’s been around for 5-6 years. Usually pretty rational.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:34 AM   #225
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Literally no mention ever of Brannen being a dick for 1.5 years then after a 40 pt loss his own staff and players are afraid if him? Wtf sounds like a trash interview. People coming out of the woodwork this week
Jarron had made it clear pretty much since he left (and one could argue even while he was playing here) that he does not like Brannen.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:18 AM   #226
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
I really dont see how some people are dismissing the massive amount of players leaving the team as just "new culture coaching change" or whatever your argument is. The turnover and players leaving is a massive concern.

Why are people so dismissive to Jarron? The guy put his all for the program. Top 10 player for UC all time. Some of my best moments as a fan were watching him play. And now everyone is all, screw him hes just mad? Why doesnt anyone believe him? Weve known Jarron longer? Hes never done us wrong, but he says some bad things about coach and all of a sudden its Jarron is an idiot and he was the problem?

So we have, Sorolla...problem, Rap..Problem..Harvey...problem. Gabe...(who i think its more than just....covid related. If you play and win you are still here)...problem...Dou...Problem

So everyone ELSE is the problem? and CJB hasnt contributed to this at all?

Out of Brian Fox and Chad...Id take Brian Foxs word for it every day. He doesnt have to get people to keep renewing their subscription. He can actually tell it like it is. Hes just as in with the program and players as chad(if not more) He doesnt have to sugar coat anything or people will stop paying him money....FOR HIS JOB. To run a message board. Thats all it is. Its no different than this board here. You wont learn a single thing over there that you wont find somewhere else first.
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:35 AM   #227
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
I really dont see how some people are dismissing the massive amount of players leaving the team as just "new culture coaching change" or whatever your argument is. The turnover and players leaving is a massive concern.

Why are people so dismissive to Jarron? The guy put his all for the program. Top 10 player for UC all time. Some of my best moments as a fan were watching him play. And now everyone is all, screw him hes just mad? Why doesnt anyone believe him? Weve known Jarron longer? Hes never done us wrong, but he says some bad things about coach and all of a sudden its Jarron is an idiot and he was the problem?

So we have, Sorolla...problem, Rap..Problem..Harvey...problem. Gabe...(who i think its more than just....covid related. If you play and win you are still here)...problem...Dou...Problem

So everyone ELSE is the problem? and CJB hasnt contributed to this at all?

Out of Brian Fox and Chad...Id take Brian Foxs word for it every day. He doesnt have to get people to keep renewing their subscription. He can actually tell it like it is. Hes just as in with the program and players as chad(if not more) He doesnt have to sugar coat anything or people will stop paying him money....FOR HIS JOB. To run a message board. Thats all it is. Its no different than this board here. You wont learn a single thing over there that you wont find somewhere else first.
The reason jarron is hard to believe has nothing to do with what he did for the program. It’s a star player that could do whatever he wanted, then a new coach comes in and wants to change things. This has happened a million times in all sports. The player is never happy when it happens. It’s not anyone’s fault. Just is what it is. Two different philosophies.

But that combined with everything else makes you think. I would also believe fox before chad, that’s why I brought it up originally
Old 02-23-2021, 09:34 AM   #228
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
I said from beginning no way in hell Brannen wasn’t recruiting the kid from Xenia at NKU. That was biggest red flag to me. Now he was only 10 min away and our team played at his home gym, who telling me he didn’t build relationships with UC players during that time? He never came to UC practices see how it was ran? He was around for it all and just wanted to change EVERYTHING! This should’ve been smooth transition personnel wise. I’m cool with losses because were extremely young team but it’s the direction of program I have problem with.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:37 AM   #229
TheRealMick
Elite Member

I’ll be cool if we were trying score 100 every game and pressing all game but just don’t have horses right now. This offense and defense system looks like dumpster juice!
Old 02-23-2021, 09:39 AM   #230
TheRealMick
Elite Member

High usage rate doesn’t mean player development, not one single player has got better from last year or throughout this year.