Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #1
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
GUYS LIKE KENYON

Help me understand guys like Kenyon Martin. I loved him when he played, as with NVE, Terry Nelson etc. I understand that they were pulling for NVE, but in reality what do these guys know about all the duties of the head coach, the lack of experience by some, the fit with the players, recruiting and the multiple tasks (speaking engagements, soliciting support etc.) Why can't they throw their support behind the new coach? It is about the University not the person.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Kenyon was going to sound off on anything but NVE. He's always looked for a reason to bash.

I suspect some tunes change in time. But that initial reaction is unwarranted and unfortunately damaging to public image
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
If you don’t think KMart has not earned the right to his opinion about anything UC basketball related then... I will refrain. People love to discount the player opinion I think to their ultimate detriment. I don’t even know what he said but whatever it is he has earned the right to say it and until your Jersey hangs from the rafters you do not count as much. BTW he was right about how they handled Huggins which is the last time I am aware of that he expresse frustration with the program. We should be glad he cares.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Yeah and I think his initial post was misunderstood. He was not happy that NVE didn’t get an interview I think.

He never said anything bad about the new coach.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Yes he was speaking on the process ONLY! Undertones I got from former players is that "no black coaches was interviewed"! This is major problem if true.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #6
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Yes he was speaking on the process ONLY! Undertones I got from former players is that "no black coaches was interviewed"! This is major problem if true.
Undertones I got from fans is that there are no white players on scholarship!
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Undertones I got from fans is that there are no white players on scholarship!
I for one have stated multiple times I don't think Cronin really looks at the fundamentally sound knock down shooter white guy that alot of other programs do.

I also agree that UC was lazy for not even bringing anyone else in for an interview if not just to learn about ways other people view the program and improvements they see possible.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #8
Gocats

Gocats is on a distinguished road
I recall Kmart saying he would never have anything to do with U.C. when they fired Huggins.
Gocats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #9
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocats View Post
I recall Kmart saying he would never have anything to do with U.C. when they fired Huggins.
he hasn't really outside of when he throws shade at the program.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #10
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Kenyons earned the right to feel how he does, it's actually quite refreshing he cares. On top of that we as fans gotta understand that these guys may know a lot more about basketball and coaching than what's perceived
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote