Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #131
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
Ok Ten games in, and I'm okay with benching/moving on from Jarron at this point. Yes he's not the sole reason we loss, Vogt is the opposing teams big man that all big men lick there chops on having a great offensive night against.

Brannen has to sacrifice buckets for D.

But Jarron, he can take that AAU attitude somewhere else. Team Moral killer, and Transfer portal starter. uuuugh
Uhhhhhhh

What are you talking about.

Jarron took 8 shots tonight
He had 4 assists tonight where he perfectly set up how teams
He defended whilst still clearly in pain

He had 8/6/4 lol he played the role of glue guy tonight while Jaevin, Vogt, & Williams all took more or as many shots as Jarron

This is the worst take of this thread dude.

He made a mistake. But remember it was Jaevin who missed 2 free throws, turned the ball over, then fouled which lead to more points from Colgate.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #132
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Remember when I said teams won’t be afraid to test Vogt based on his poor defensive rating in synergy ?

This team wasn’t scared of Vogt what so ever.

They took it to him. And he will be a target all season long.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #133
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Brannen referred to Vogt's bad defense in this press conference as well. Said Colgate took advantage of ball screens and dragging Vogt away from the basket and "it's tough because he gives us so much offensively".

It's going to continue to be a theme against every good team. If Vogt is going to play, we need to find a way to hide him on the defensive end.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #134
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I think this season goes one of two ways after tonight. They rally and become a bubblish team ( like Xavier last year), or it turns in to a dumpster fire. Will be interesting.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #135
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Remember when I said teams won’t be afraid to test Vogt based on his poor defensive rating in synergy ?

And he will be the best player on the team next year if Williams transfers (which he should), which is pretty frightening.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #136
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Yeah, it was micks system. I would hope they played better with the coach that recruited them for a specific role in that system. That would make sense.
The same guys cant be this bad. A lot on has to be on the current coach. If Brooks stayed this was a top 15 team
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:13 PM   #137
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

Yeah, We get it, what’s the solution? Kenyon isn’t walking through that door
Old 12-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #138
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
The same guys cant be this bad. A lot on has to be on the current coach. If Brooks stayed this was a top 15 team
Brooks left 7 months ago. Mick left around the same time. They aren’t coming back. Might be time to get over it.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #139
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think this season goes one of two ways after tonight. They rally and become a bubblish team ( like Xavier last year), or it turns in to a dumpster fire. Will be interesting.
I'm expecting dumpster fire. I'd be surprised if we win more than one of the next three (and 0-3 wouldn't surprise me). Without Jarron and Scott fitting in the system, we just don't have the ability to be a good team. It would be nice if Brannen was good enough at coaching to adjust and help them succeed, but Brannen seems just as set in coaching his scheme regardless of the players as Cronin was.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #140
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don’t think we will be worse. It will be guys use to the system. The players we are losing aren’t giving us much anyway because of injuries and what else. It won’t be great but it might be interesting to see how guys grow.
They will be much worse. This is probably the best team they will have for the next decade. Brannen is completely in over his head. Hiring mistakes like this are what send teams into the wilderness for a quarter century.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote