Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
One more reason why Suckeye games shouldn't be shown in Cincinnati.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #12
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
What's almost more troubling than his love of OSU is the fact that Kentucky is a part of his top 3 OVER Cincinnati... WTF?!
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 PM   #13
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
He may be thinking about walking on to the Basketball team. If that is the case, I guess UK makes some sense but if he wants to focus on football, going to a bottom feeder in the SEC isn't going to do him any favors.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #14
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5981790 (with video)

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Remember this name: Adolphus Washington. The 6-foot-4, 230-pounder from Cincinnati Taft, who was one of the dominating performers at the Under Armour combine, is certainly known by college coaches.

As a junior, Washington had 119 tackles and 17 sacks. What's even more scary is that he's also a very good basketball player who dominates the boards and many college scouts say he reminds them of Julius Peppers.

"That's a great comparison," Washington said. "It's flattering but I've also heard [Pittsburgh Steelers LB] James Harrison comparisons because I could play linebacker or defensive end."

Washington has so many scholarship offers that he couldn't name them all when asked, but he did say that he grew up a fan of Ohio State and the Buckeyes have offered.

"My dad and I grew up fans of Ohio State," Washington said. "I think my dad would like me to go to Ohio State but right now I feel like I need to get away and do something different.

"I also grew up a fan of Kentucky. West Virginia, Michigan State, Purdue, Alabama, Pittsburgh, Florida State and others have offered but it's just hard to remember them all. I've been around Ohio and Cincinnati my whole life. I'd like to get away and see something different."

For now, Washington will keep on trucking. Just like his nickname, he's a force.

"When I was growing up, I had a coach who told me I needed a nick-name." Washington said. "When I was playing football or basketball, I was stronger than everyone else so my coach started calling me 'Diesel' and it stuck. I like it."

And now, he just keeps trying to get better and the combine was a great start to his offseason.

"I really had a good time here," Washington said. "Great competition, great coaching and great weather."
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #15
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
According to the Cincy Enquirer's HS sports editor, ND coaches visited Taft HS this week. His HS coach is Mike Martin, who played for the Bengals in the 80's (i.e., the glory years).

http://twitter.com/MikeDyer/status/23044748717588480
Old 01-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
swg
Epic Member

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting

Quote:
CINCINNATI BOYS: Kyle Rudolph may be leaving Notre Dame early, but his impact could continue down the road, especially after attracting the attention from those in his hometown of Cincinnati.

“Good tradition and good coaches, I know that. Kyle Rudolph is my favorite player,” 2012 defensive end Adolphus Washington said of Notre Dame. “He’s from Cincinnati and he’s a good player. It’s especially good he’s from Cincinnati, that’s what I like the most.”

Washington, obviously from Cincinnati as well, currently had 18 offers. Michigan State and Purdue are the latest to offer, joining Kentucky, Alabama, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and several of others. Ohio State is recruiting him hard and the 6-foot-4, 246-pound Washington said Irish assistant Tim Hinton was at Taft High School on a weekly basis prior to Notre Dame’s bowl game.

Washington went to Orlando with the hopes of improving his rankings on the recruiting services.

“I came down here to see the other competition around the country and hopefully get a couple looks from the ranking people,” he said. “I did better than I thought I was going to do.”
Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #17
swg
Epic Member

From tharinger....

1) Results from the Madeira Wrestling Invitational, hoops notes and Elvis’ birthday
Posted by sspringer 01/10/11, 2:49 pm

Taft has 6-6 Adolphus Washington who can “ball” in multiple sports. UC football coach Butch Jones coaxed Washington on campus for a visit to the Skyline Chili Crosstown Shootout and the lanky Senator has suitors far and wide.
2) Ohio football players keep making recruiting trips
Poole, Durham and Browne still looking.
By: Mike Dyer | MaxPreps.com | Monday, January 10, 2011

Taft junior defensive end Adolphus Washington participated in the Under Armour Underclassmen Combine in Orlando, Fla., recently. Washington, who is 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds, has offers from Cincinnati, Ohio State, Alabama, Kentucky, Texas, Boston College and several others.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
At least Butch was able to get him on campus for a visit. I'll pray for a miracle but I won't hold hope for one.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #19
swg
Epic Member

MikeDyer Mike Dyer
Taft junior Adolphus Washington adds offers from USC and Oregon http://t.co/XjpMpkX
Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #20
swg
Epic Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6123852

Quote:
Adolphus Washington, DE (Cincinnati, Ohio/Taft)

He has over 25 scholarship offers from schools all over the country and is hoping to hear more from Florida and Miami. Ohio State, Kentucky, Alabama, USC, Oregon, Cal, Florida State, Michigan and Michigan State comprise his early short list and all have offered. Washington said he talks weekly with Alabama coach Nick Saban and Michigan coach Brady Hoke and will go through the recruiting process before committing anywhere.