Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the Crosstown Shootout?
UC 33 75.00%
XU 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #71
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't even get national TV for this. How far we've fallen, and you KNOW how much ESPN loves to harp on about DA BRAWL
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:01 PM   #72
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
my point is those suckers have been lucky as crap 4 straight years and those are absolutely insane numbers over that many shots. there is no defense that can stop that. they really shouldn't have lost any of those games shooting like that.
Okay...I agree...lol! I thought you meant something else
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #73
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Can't even get national TV for this. How far we've fallen, and you KNOW how much ESPN loves to harp on about DA BRAWL
Any network would gladly take this game. A rivalry game against 2 top 25 teams. The fact that it's on fox sports probably has something to do with the big east
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:08 PM   #74
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
my problem is neither pg have proven they have the ability to play well against the good teams. so without a sample size from either of them, i would lean towards the more talented player. as i've said before these next 4 games are arguably the most important of the regular season. we need to win them all.

i dont want to see a lot of turnovers either, but i also dont want to see a pg that never penetrates past the FT line.
Okay I agree with you. Cane does things JJ doesn't. Remember JJ used to do things that Troy didn't. Then he got benched for turning it over as a frosh. I think he wanted to penetrate and push pace. Then JJ adjusted his play and is very solid although not as aggressive. I hope to see a happy medium with Cane...but coach isn't going to let him make STUPID mistakes. He can make aggressive mistakes...just not dumb ones. If JJ was allowed to make stupid mistakes he would have a lot more assists but a lot more TO's as well. Cane is different in that he can score better I agree...but coach did not allow Jenifer to just do what he wanted to...and he won't let Cane do it either.

Last edited by waterhead; 11-28-2017 at 01:10 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #75
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would suggest looking at Jenifer's stats last year vs top 100 teams and then vs the rest. The drop in play is drastic. 15.5% turnover rate on the season for him last year overall, 24% against top 100 teams, 27.8 % against top 50 teams.

50.6 eFG% 50.7 TS% for the season. drops to 32.4 eFG% and 43.6 TS% vs top 100 and 21.4 eFG% and 25.2 TS% vs top 50.

i would say jenifer looks about the same vs the bad teams this year as he did last year and the numbers back that up.
I'm not concerned with Jenifer's numbers last year as a less experienced backup.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #76
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Amen, I think we'll know a lot more about this team after the next 4 games have been completed.
Yeah I agree with you and Waite on this as well. We've had lineups with no Clark or Washington and we've had lineups with no Evans or Cumberland. That won't be happening anymore.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:33 PM   #77
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Can we get a list of the 5 people who voted for Xavier to win in the poll and make sure they get a permanent lifetime ban?
I'm on it!
Old 11-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #78
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Here is the real question. Which xavier player just goes nuts for no reason? You know there is usually one.
I love this discussion every year lol. I'll go with Scruggs. I have no reason...but that's the whole point!
Old 11-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #79
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I don't know much about point spreads but I do know Vegas seems to go along with Kenpom.

I think X should be rightfully favored with them being the home team and because of our history in that arena.

On a neutral court, were probably a 1-2 point favorite but inside Cintas where we rarely perform well, I can understand being a few point underdog.

here is how stack up against X in Kenpom.

justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #80
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
the numbers against bad teams.

broomes turnovers have been sloppy and on him, not really forced. a guy that hasn't played a game in a year turns it over 6 times in game 1 in a blow out game? not really concerning to me. are we concerned about cumberland? he turned it over 7 times vs buffalo.
I'm not concerned about Cumberland but he needs to show up bigger than he has in most of the games so far this year. We need him in this one.