Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #251
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Bruh In a 35 game sample, our defense was much better then Villanova. They were just amazing on the offensive end and contrary to popular belief, offense wins basketball.

Jay wright is the best coach in the country and I’m not sure it’s even close. Measuring anyone against him in the last 5 years and they will come up short.

I mean, cincinnati will never be elite. Never. Not in today’s conference alignment. If we do become elite, it won’t last long as the coach will leave for a bigger better job.

We’ve basically transformed into a football first school in a non power league.

Check the powerhouses in college basketball who aren’t in a power conference:
Gonzaga
Wichita state
Formerly Dayton
Formerly Xavier
VCU

If we add cincinnati to thst list; what would make us not the others ? Football. All the above schools #1 focus is basketball. Basketball is not the main focus at UC.
Maybe popular belief on the westside of Cincinnati? Lol. The rest of the planet gets this.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #252
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Such an excuse. So you are saying there is no way for us to get better and be better? I’ll tell you want would help. Maybe making a run in the tournament and getting some recognition. But we can’t do that because our conference. So lame
Lol what? How did our conference keep us from making a tourney run this year? Our conference blew a 22 point lead?
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #253
dbieon12
Elite Member

dbieon12 is on a distinguished road
As one of the biggest haters of the Nevada game, there's no reason to fire Mick. There's no reasonable replacement. Mick is starting to recruit. But it feels like 3 seasons of progress were just erased by 10 minutes.

Mick can rebuild the team.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #254
Zdiddy513

Zdiddy513 is on a distinguished road
We are a football school now? Is this how most of our fans think? We have the Bengals for that; why do we need another program that has no shot at winning a national championship to root for? Especially at the expense of our storied basketball program. I always thought (and still do) that we are a basketball school. We're one of the largest cities without an NBA team and used to treat our bball Bearcats like they were our pro team.
Zdiddy513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 PM   #255
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdiddy513 View Post
We are a football school now? Is this how most of our fans think? We have the Bengals for that; why do we need another program that has no shot at winning a national championship to root for? Especially at the expense of our storied basketball program. I always thought (and still do) that we are a basketball school. We're one of the largest cities without an NBA team and used to treat our bball Bearcats like they were our pro team.
And I think a lot of this has to do with the fans. If fans were still as passionate as they were when Huggins was here it would probably help with recruiting, a lot. If we packed every game, and went crazy like we used to, it would be nothing but positive. And it's changed a lot of course since Mick first started, but having grown up going to games, and seeing how they are even this or last year, it's just not the same. I really hope it gets even better with the new arena, UC needs that hype again.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #256
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
And I think a lot of this has to do with the fans. If fans were still as passionate as they were when Huggins was here it would probably help with recruiting, a lot. If we packed every game, and went crazy like we used to, it would be nothing but positive. And it's changed a lot of course since Mick first started, but having grown up going to games, and seeing how they are even this or last year, it's just not the same. I really hope it gets even better with the new arena, UC needs that hype again.
Give me a break. Back to making more excuses for the coach. Smh.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if a coach needs every single thing in the entire world to go in their favor in order to be successful, how good of a coach are they really?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:04 AM   #257
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

We are not a football school. Fyi. I mean, this is one of the most popular places UC fans go to get info and share thoughts about UC sports. How many football posts do you see on here?

And can we please stop making excuses for our basketball program? PLEASE? It has reached a point where we are blaming paying customers instead of the CEO making millions. What other successful entity operates that way?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:27 AM   #258
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post
Lol what? How did our conference keep us from making a tourney run this year? Our conference blew a 22 point lead?
Yeah, I was making fun of people that use the "conference" excuse. I probably could have worded it better
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #259
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Blaming the fans? is this a joke? has to be right?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #260
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Yeah, I was making fun of people that use the "conference" excuse. I probably could have worded it better
Ah ok that's good to know
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote