TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:32 PM   #412
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Im taking carlik over ANY big
We need both. We only have 10 scholarships filled for next season (11 if Prince counts against us).
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:38 PM   #413
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Im taking carlik over ANY big
Yep. Bigs are all similar unless we are getting a highly talented guy, which there aren’t many.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:56 PM   #414
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Just read a tweet saying we made the "final 11" cut for Georgia Tech grad transfer Evan Cole.

Of the 11 schools listed, the only high majors are BYU, Ohio State, Washington State and us (and Boise State if you consider that high major).

Of the big men we're looking at right now, he seems to be the best option considering the level of competition he's faced over his career and his strong ability to rebound.
This guy played a lot and didn’t do much of anything. Kinda out on this guy
Old 03-26-2020, 02:55 PM   #415
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
This guy played a lot and didn’t do much of anything. Kinda out on this guy
We wouldn't bring him in to start. He'd essentially play the Sorolla role. I'd rather have players like Cole and not need them to play big roles than not have them and go into games like @USF with our season on the line and only 8 scholarship players.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:04 PM   #416
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
We wouldn't bring him in to start. He'd essentially play the Sorolla role. I'd rather have players like Cole and not need them to play big roles than not have them and go into games like @USF with our season on the line and only 8 scholarship players.
True, I’d be alright either way. He has experience in a big conference. Maybe he’d perform better in the American. You talked me into it. We need bodies

Last edited by cincyguy13; 03-26-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:14 PM   #417
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
True, I’d be alright either way. He has experience in a big conference. Maybe he’d perform better in the American. You talked me into it
Here is how I see our front court minutes at the moment:

Vogt: 25-30 min/game (starts)
Diarra: 20-25 min/game (starts)
Eason: 15-20 min/game (starts the year on the bench, could become a starter if he proves he can play at a "Gary Clark" freshman level)
Graduate Transfer: 15 min/game (2nd big off the bench, sees extended time in blow-outs and foul trouble situations)

Vogt is a pretty safe bet based on what we saw this year. I'd imagine the grad transfer is going to be a no-frills, what-you-see-is-what-you-get type player as well.

Diarra and Eason are the two biggest wild cards.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:23 PM   #418
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Here is how I see our front court minutes at the moment:

Vogt: 25-30 min/game (starts)
Diarra: 20-25 min/game (starts)
Eason: 15-20 min/game (starts the year on the bench, could become a starter if he proves he can play at a "Gary Clark" freshman level)
Graduate Transfer: 15 min/game (2nd big off the bench, sees extended time in blow-outs and foul trouble situations)

Vogt is a pretty safe bet based on what we saw this year. I'd imagine the grad transfer is going to be a no-frills, what-you-see-is-what-you-get type player as well.

Diarra and Eason are the two biggest wild cards.
I think that’s pretty accurate. Hopefully diarra can make a big jump. Think everyone is hoping for that. I also think Eason could be great. He looks to have a lot of skills. Hopefully puts in the work.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #419
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
I'll rather grab a 6'7-6'9 wing with skills along with Carlik over just a practice body big.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #420
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Quote:
I'll rather grab a 6'7-6'9 wing with skills along with Carlik over just a practice body big.
There are very few players in the transfer portal who fit that mold and the few who are definitely good enough to help us like Seth Towns, Landers Nolley, and Jordan Bruner aren't giving us a sniff.

We are recruiting Isaiah White from Utah Valley who is a 6'7 wing that can reliably score and rebound, but I'm not sure how attractive of an option we are for an LA kid who's also getting looks from USC and Arizona.