Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #521
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
About what that perfect situation would be, Ivanauskas said, “I think the perfect situation to me is to play a good amount, catch the ball in positions where I can score and pass, and then also to win. Those are some of things that are really important to me in this decision.”

He's not coming to sit. That man is coming to shoot.

Although I will say if Brannen can get his midrange game outta here, he could be much more efficient. He's got good movement for his size and a nice face up game. Seems like a good passer too. Could possibly fill the role Ryan Mikesell filled for Dayton last year.

Ok its growing on me.
No one goes anywhere to sit
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 12:53 PM   #522
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
its a legit question. he was a 94 ORTG in conference play in the patriot league.

he's probably the starting 4 here though right.

can maybe write off some of his struggles to him getting moved to C last year. Just not his natural position.
Starting 4 seems like a good guess. I would assume with this move we are looking at Vogt and Dou at the 5. Eason at the 4 with this guy.

I can deal with that. Dou can work from either position if necessary
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #523
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Outside look at 2 years of eligibility as well.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #524
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Starting 4 seems like a good guess. I would assume with this move we are looking at Vogt and Dou at the 5. Eason at the 4 with this guy.

I can deal with that. Dou can work from either position if necessary
It seems like Ivanauskas is versatile enough that we could put out any combination of 2 big guys between him, Vogt, Dou, and Eason have a pretty playable line-up.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #525
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Ivanauskas committed!
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #526
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
It seems like Ivanauskas is versatile enough that we could put out any combination of 2 big guys between him, Vogt, Dou, and Eason have a pretty playable line-up.
Yah...from the quotes it sounds like he is coming to play the 4 which means Brannen probably has told him Dou is playing the 5 along with Vogt. Eason is a frosh yada yada.

I like it from that standpoint
Old 04-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #527
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Love it. The right skillset and minutes we needed in order to play Eason, but not rely on him to play 25 minutes as a frosh.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:44 PM   #528
waterhead
Senior Moderator

The transfer big market is highly competitive. I guess the same goes for HS bigs with any skills. To get a guy like this I think is significant.

His previous season seems like it was much better in terms of efficiency than his last season. Specifically he was shooting over 40% from 3 on almost 100 attempts 2 years ago. His FT% was much higher as well. ORTG was 109 compared to 94 etc.

I think he will be a solid play
Old 04-14-2020, 01:52 PM   #529
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
Love it. The right skillset and minutes we needed in order to play Eason, but not rely on him to play 25 minutes as a frosh.
And if Eason beats him out by season's end...we will have a stud
Old 04-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #530
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The transfer big market is highly competitive. I guess the same goes for HS bigs with any skills. To get a guy like this I think is significant.

His previous season seems like it was much better in terms of efficiency than his last season. Specifically he was shooting over 40% from 3 on almost 100 attempts 2 years ago. His FT% was much higher as well. ORTG was 109 compared to 94 etc.

I think he will be a solid play

last years numbers were alarming to me at first glance. i wanna know what happened between his sophomore and jr years. maybe he had some sort of injury, we saw what that can do. he shot a lot more 2's away from the rim last year compared to the year before.

he should get a lot more open looks here. think of all the open looks scott got and Ivanauskas (somebody come up with a nickname quick) is a better shooter.

i can see this working out. but man, mcneal nightmares scare me.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote