Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
12 WI SF Junior Lomomba (Offer)

Small forward
Madison, Wisconsin
Madison Memorial
Ht:6'5"
Class:2012 (High School)

Had a strong summer last year and has followed it up by leading his team to a state championship while averaging 17 points and 8 rebounds per game. He was also a first team all state selection.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
A month ago Madison Memorial won the Wisconsin Division 1 state championship (in a triple overtime classic) and leading the way was Junior Lomomba. Junior, who at 6-foot-5 can play just about any position, averaged 17 points and 6.1 rebounds a game. With a state medal in hand Lomomba is now focused on his off-season schedule of recruiting and playing with traveling squads.

Lomomba is a constant worker
This spring and summer Junior is playing with the Wisconsin Force/Gators as well as The Family in Detroit.

"My AAU season in going extremely well in terms of developing my position at the Point Guard spot," said Lomomba. "I'm improving my court vision and awareness. Getting my teammates involved, utilizing the pick and roll. I'm consistently working on my mid-range and three point shot. Learning to make the right decision in transition. I'm also working on improving my free-throw percentage.

"I'm getting really comfortable with the ball in my hands and making good decisions with the ball. Right now, my main goal is to prepare myself to play right away as a freshman in college for any school that will take a strong interest in me playing the guard position. I want to be a main factor on a division one team at any level and make a strong contribution in helping the team to an NCAA berth tournament."

It's obvious that Junior has an open mind with his recruitment and several teams are showing him considerable interest.

"Right now I'm getting strong interest from Minnesota, New Mexico State, Nevada, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Kansas, Baylor, Michigan, Iowa, Tennessee, Georgetown, LSU, USC, Kansas State, and Michigan State," Junior explained. "I have taken unofficial visits (last year) to West Virginia, Tennessee, and New Mexico State. I'm planning to take a visit to Nevada."

Always looking for athletes who compete hard on both ends the University of Minnesota has shown Junior some interest for the past couple years.

"I haven't heard from Tubby Smith but my Uncle consistently speaks with Vince Taylor who made several attempts to try to come see me at open gym," said Lomomba. "Vince has been in touch from the beginning and has been honest on what he can do or can't do in term of their interest in me as a player. I believe Coach Taylor is really interested in me but he has a boss that makes the call."

Lomomba knows a considerable amount about the University of Minnesota (at least compared to other outstate recruits) as he's already been on campus for an unofficial trip.

"Right now, Minnesota seems like a great academic school with a good basketball program and a great coaching staff," explained Junior. "I enjoyed my visit a year ago with Coach Tubby and Vince but they aren't coming with anything on the table in terms of offers and I don't know what Tubby thinks of me as a player.

"So my interest is open to any school that will consider me as a strong factor in their program. Right now I'm not excluding anyone because I want to make sure that I make the right decision when the time comes."

This winter New Mexico State, Nevada, Kansas, West Virginia, Michigan, Tennessee and Cincinnati were amongst the schools listed in a previous story as watching Junior play over the winter.

http://cincinnati.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1213677
Old 05-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Junior Lomomba (Madison, Wis./Madison Memorial) is a classic, hard playing small forward. West Virginia is on him the hardest with Cincinnati, New Mexico State, Nevada and Baylor tracking him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6513791
Old 07-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Sounds like Cincinnati is turning up the heat on him... From Bearcatreport, two Cincinnati coaches were on hand to watch him play yesterday. Premium article so I don't have details.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
teerusty1

teerusty1 is on a distinguished road
I'm predicting he is the next verbal.
teerusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by teerusty1 View Post
I'm predicting he is the next verbal.
Haven't heard much about him. Is he a true 3? or more of a 3/4, because we are in need of the latter.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Sounds like Cincinnati is turning up the heat on him... From Bearcatreport, two Cincinnati coaches were on hand to watch him play yesterday. Premium article so I don't have details.
Mick and Huggins. This one is a WVU/UC battle.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote