Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Chris Allen (Michigan State) to Transfer?

Spartans' Chris Allen to transfer? Rumors swirl as Tom Izzo says 'tough decisions' are coming

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....to_transf.html

Would you want this player?

Pros: 39.8% from 3; key perimeter defender; started 27 of 36 games; averaged 8.2 points

Cons: 1 year of eligibility remaining; would have to sit out this year; suspended 1 game for unspecified violation of team rules; recovering from a torn arch ligament
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
My mind says no, my heart says sometimes a change of scenary does a body good.

Need more info on the guy.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
If he would be eligible this year, I would say absolutely. Since he would be eligible in 2011-2012, I am hoping we have a great recruiting class coming in that is going to take whatever minutes someone like Chris Allen would get. Plus, Cash and Parker would be Juniors.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Kind of surprising to see someone transfer with 1 year left. Something big must have happened, although I don't think he will actually transfer, that would be silly. I would most certainly take him on my team though. The kid has been in a national championship game, and in the final four last year. He knows what it takes to win.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

There is a scholarship (numbers) issue at MSU and it sounds like Izzo and Allen may be at odds. Izzo just gave a walk-on a scholarship last year and would have to take it back if everyone stays plus their incoming recruits. I don't know that this decision will be completely Allen's.