Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
From what I have seen of him, he looks like a true Power Forward.
You're correct.

Ricardo is not a 3. He is a solid 6'8" 235lbs.

Ricardo can put the ball on the floor a little, meaning he can take 2-3 dribbles from the perimeter and beat his man off the bounce. Don't think that he'll throw Lance's crossover around, or have Cash's explosive first step, but Ricardo is unlike any post player we have in our program.

He KNOWS how to score. We need scoring badly.

I think he would start. Yancy is better off the bench anyways.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #12
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I agree Yancy could use the competition too. He has always had everything handed to him. Maybe a big time PF might motivate him to bust his ass a little more.

Would Ricardo be a JR?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Would Ricardo be a JR?
Looks like it. The roster lists him as a SO.

http://www.cfccpatriots.com/mbbroster.html
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Dec. 2 Interview- When he makes a statement of who he's "leaning towards" he mentions Cincinnati first...

A Florida Gator's Blog entry posted Mar. 23:
Quote:
In related news…
Florida has also decided to end its pursuit of star junior college forward Ricardo Ratliffe, according to The Gainesville Sun. Ratliffe, of Central Florida Community College, is considered by most scouts to be the best JuCo prospect in the country. He attended at least two Gators game this season and worked out with the team last summer. However, being able to start is important for Ratliffe, and with five forwards/centers returning and two more being signed, Florida was not a great fit

Last edited by psax889906; 03-24-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Thanx Sax.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #16
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Thanx Sax.
My pleasure.

From everything I've seen, read and heard... things are looking good. Hopefully Mick closes on this kid next month on his visit and he becomes a Bearcat.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 AM   #17
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Is there anyone we can relate this guy too. I know that can be dangerous but I would like to know what kind of ballplayer he is. From some very shot youtube videos he seems like he could be like a Ibrahima Thomas type. No? How aggressive?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #18
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Is there anyone we can relate this guy too. I know that can be dangerous but I would like to know what kind of ballplayer he is. From some very shot youtube videos he seems like he could be like a Ibrahima Thomas type. No? How aggressive?
Hard to say. I hate to play the "compare him to" game.

I'll say this: Ratliffe WANTS to play in the NBA. He has stated that he is no ordinary college kid because he doesn't have 4 years to make it to the League. He will only consider schools that will start him and will give him playing time.

Bottom line: This kid wants to improve his game and go to the NBA. I expect him to have tons of effort.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #19
Thegreatone
Epic Member

I hope. We need a big guy who is an animal. I actually don't care if he is that skilled or not. I just cant watch Yancy anymore. I have been a big Yancy fan but I am really starting to lose my patience with him.

If Ricardo can hit a shot and bang down low I would be very pleased. He does seem a little thin though.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #20
psax889906
Epic Member

Yeah I searched everywhere on the 'net and it's hard to find video on this guy... there are about a dozen quick one play clips on youtube, but that's it... I will say, size wise he looks more than capable of playing the 4... so I don't see that as an issue at all, unlike Chane... I still think he is very small, athletic or not, to play the 4 in the Big East... we should know in about three weeks time now what Ricardo's decision will be... if he doesn't commit elsewhere before he takes his visit here I think he's a Bearcat...