Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
It sounds like there is a pretty good chance he will end up here...
have you heard something?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #12
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
http://www.formspring.me/gwrightdatdeal/q/560544819
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #13
HattoriHanzo

HattoriHanzo is on a distinguished road
Good find Not Guilty. Let's hope the waiver comes through. Greer, please delete your post so the NCAA doesn't see it and decide to deny your request
HattoriHanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
It sounds like there is a pretty good chance he will end up here...
Why do you say that? Have you heard anything new?
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #15
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Look three posts up
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Since this looks like more and more of a possibility does anyone have knowledge on why he would be granted the right to transfer without sitting out a year and what are the odds of the NCAA allowing it. I know the coach was put on leave, but history hasn't shown us that coaching changes lead to free transfers for athletes.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #17
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I read up on this when I first heard it was a possibility and here is what I could find. Basically, if a school is put on probation and it is a player's final year of eligibility, they can be granted a waiver to play at another school without having to sit out a year. Binghamton was put on probation this year and it will take effect next year. Since Greer Wright would be a senior and Binghamton would be ineligible for postseason play (and he wasn't part of the reason they were put on probation) he can apply for the waiver. If he gets it, he will transfer. If not he will stay at Binghamton and complete his eligibility.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #18
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I read up on this when I first heard it was a possibility and here is what I could find. Basically, if a school is put on probation and it is a player's final year of eligibility, they can be granted a waiver to play at another school without having to sit out a year. Binghamton was put on probation this year and it will take effect next year. Since Greer Wright would be a senior and Binghamton would be ineligible for postseason play (and he wasn't part of the reason they were put on probation) he can apply for the waiver. If he gets it, he will transfer. If not he will stay at Binghamton and complete his eligibility.
Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. Afraid I was going to hear opinions on how much the NCAA hates UC. Sounds like this could happen. I am rooting for him to come here. At this point any player is better than no player. We have a scholarship to give and it will still be freed up for 2011.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #19
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. Afraid I was going to hear opinions on how much the NCAA hates UC. Sounds like this could happen. I am rooting for him to come here. At this point any player is better than no player. We have a scholarship to give and it will still be freed up for 2011.
I agree. It is important for fans to remember that this kid wouldn't be a savior but he could be a solid contributor. It wouldn't shock me if he averaged 8-10 ppg but I wouldn't count on it either. If he gets his waiver I think there is a good chance he ends up a (Cincinnati) Bearcat.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #20
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I agree. It is important for fans to remember that this kid wouldn't be a savior but he could be a solid contributor. It wouldn't shock me if he averaged 8-10 ppg but I wouldn't count on it either. If he gets his waiver I think there is a good chance he ends up a (Cincinnati) Bearcat.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect much, but a body is a body. He could help in practice if nothing else. Even if he doesn't see major minutes, he could spell players for short rest or in foul trouble. Plus he's could be insurance in case Bishop acts up again. The best thing for me is he's got 3 years of college ball under his belt and thus brings experience and, I'll assume, maturity. Hopefully if he does come he'll play in the Deveroes summer league so I can get a sneak peek of him. Hopefully Justin Jackson will play also. I can't wait to see him.