Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
'11 F Braeden Anderson

6'8" Canadian that is now playing in Massachusetts.

With Myck Kabongo, Kyle Wiltjer, and Kevin Pangos all off the board, Canada is now anxiously awaiting the decisions of the last few big name Canadians in the class of 2011. One of those names is that of Grassroots hybrid forward, Braeden Anderson.

Anderson, now playing at Wilbraham and Monson in MA. has slowly begun to narrow down his list of suitors. While Braeden holds offers from numerous schools at all different levels, he is highly interested in offers made by Temple and Hawaii. He's also extremely interested in Uconn, Clemson, and Cincinnati. But while those schools have shown considerable interest back, they have yet to make Braeden an offer.

Braeden visited the Uconn campus yesterday and came away extremely impressed. "There is NBA stuff everywhere. They have pictures of past players who have gone on to play in the league, their weight room is crazy, and playing against those guys is always great. " said Braeden.

Later in the evening Cincinnati assistant Darren Savino came to Wilbraham and Monson to see Braeden workout. While Cincy is highly interested, they will not offer until head coach Mick Cronin comes to see Braeden himself. Plans for that to happen are already in the works !!!

Braeden stated that while he's cut some teams off his list, he remains open to new schools pursuing him. He'd like to sign during the fall signing period but isn't 100% sure it will play out that way.

A hybrid forward who grew up in Alberta, Braeden brings energy, versatility, and toughness to the game. It's no surprise he's being heavily pursued, and even less surprising he's being diligent in weighing his options.

http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/10...arrow-it-down/

Also, someone on twitter asked Nolan Shulman (who wrote the article) if he would be a lock to UCONN if they offered, and he said Cincinnati and Temple will be players in this race. Seems as if Mick and company are going to have some options to fill these last two scholarships for big men.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Strengths:
This strong, well-built power forward is an intriguing guy who could really make a jump over the high school season. He was able to establish himself as an inside/outside guy who can step out to make the 15-18' jump shot. He has good hands that allow him to catch and finish balls around the rim. Braeden has all the tools to be an animal on the glass, but does not pursue the ball like he is capable. His upside is undeniable.

Weaknesses:
He needs to learn how to better utilize his physical gifts as he tends to stand up defensively and fancies himself as more of a pick-and-pop player when he could be a potentially-devastating pick-and-roll option. However, for him to move up the ladder he must continue to improve his skill level. He lacks any back to the basket moves he can go to, and surprisingly, did not rebound the ball well.

Bottom Line:
He has the size and athleticism that leads to a high major power forward, but he has some work still to do. Playing in the states can only help the Canadian import improve; keep your eye on this guy to see if his improvement leads to higher level recruitment.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...aeden-anderson
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
September 26, 2010 New England Hoop News Staff

Sunday at Chelsea Piers in New York City hosted a new type of basketball event. Under Armour brought a fresh approval to the grassroots basketball scene as they hosted a combine and showcase workout for many of the top players in the northeast.

Under Armour is poised to make a big splash in the basketball with the launch of a signature shoe line in October as well as the signing of many college basketball programs and AAU team interest.

The day began with a series of drills and tests that measured the players height, weight, speed, vertical jump, agility, vision and much more. Basketballs never left the rack as this concept of combine testing was pulled over from football combines that are run at the college and professional level, but provide vital data to help learn players strengths and weaknesses. The combine was directed by IMG Basketball Academeis out of Florida.

Braeden Anderson was the big winner of the day as the senior captured six top scores out of 8 tests, including vertical jump, long jump and medicine ball throw. Anderson is a 6'8 power forward attending Wilbraham and Monson via Canada showcased some exception talent and athleticism for a player his size. Additionally, another Wilbraham and Monson player, Jules Tavares, took home shuttle run and lane slide top scores.

Tavares said the "combine testing was a different approach. I liked it and it was a good change from the normal showcases."

After the combine tests, players did a series of drills and skill work, followed by 5 on 5 game play.

The combine was loaded with New England talent as well as northeast talent. Some of the best New England players:

http://www.nehoopnews.com/news/1050/...h-approach.php
Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
thebeast

thebeast is on a distinguished road
even though we have a shot at both i much rather have this canadian over the serbian
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast View Post
even though we have a shot at both i much rather have this canadian over the serbian
Based on what I have read, I tend to agree with you. It also seems like Mick and Savino have turned their focus to Braeden as well.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

I just want quality bigs. I don't care where they come from.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
thebeast

i completly agree but in the article about Bezbradica it said low basketball iq and 43% free throw shooter and thats what plagued us last year. I guess in the end i am not too picky but we will need quality bigs soon and we cant have 4 bigs who are all about potential. the problem with Anderson is his skill level isn't real high but thats easier to fix then basketball iq in my opinion
Old 10-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
thebeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I just want quality bigs. I don't care where they come from.
i completly agree. but i just rather have anderson because i see his major flaw is not possesing super talent at this point were as with Bezbradica his flaw is low iq which in my opinion is harder to work on and correct then overall talent.
i think we need to get one of these bigs with super potential then try for a big that will shock people cuz right now we have to many bigs that future is based on potential too much
Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Has received qualifying score and will be setting visits. UConn and Cincinnati are in the mix. Hopes to decide by next end of next month.

Braeden Anderson Planning Official Visits

Players are flying off the board in the Class of 2011 in recent weeks, but 6-foot-8, 230-lb Braeden Anderson of Wilbraham & Monson Academy near Springfield (MA) is an intriguing prospect still available. The Canadian native is ready to start taking some official college visits.

“I just got my SAT scores in today,” Anderson told NBE on Thursday evening. “So the trips will be planned ASAP.”

Temple and Hawaii are two schools Anderson definitely plans to make official visits to. He also has others asking as well.

Connecticut, who he visited unofficially at the end of September, and Cincinnati are also being considered as Anderson looks to decide on a college in the near future.

“Next month, if possible,” said Anderson on when he hoped to decide and sign.

While recruiting is on his mind, he also expressed high hopes and excitement for the season ahead at Wilbraham & Monson.

“The team looks great! I am so excited. We have a great group of guys [with] so much talent,” said Anderson.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010...book-10292010/

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 10-30-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

This kid is ultra athletic and has tremendous upside. With his test scores in I hope we can now get him in for a visit and land him.