Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 09-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #31
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Take this FWIW:

john_stovall John stovall
6'8 Sr. PF Devon Scott of Coluimbus Northland has decommitted from Cincinnati
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #32
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Think many have questioned if he would ever make it to campus. Least heralded verbal I can ever remember.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #33
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Think many have questioned if he would ever make it to campus. Least heralded verbal I can ever remember.
I don't think his verbal was ever accepted to be honest. I think he verballed without the staff telling him he had a spot.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #34
bearcat18
Elite Member

From Devon himself:

uJump_iDunk40 Devon Scott
Just got off the phone with coach Jackson... Looks like I did decommit.. my recruitment is wide open...

Wish the kid the best and hope he has a successful career.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #35
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I wonder if this means we could be hearing about a commitment from another big soon? The staff had to know for a while now that Devon had verballed. Why talk to him now if there isn't something else in the works? The only other reason I can think of is the staff doesn't think he is Big East caliber.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #36
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Sounds like UC just took the offer off the table, if there ever really was one..... Maybe a sign of some good news coming our way (Hammons, Obekpa??)
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #37
bearcat18
Elite Member

Yeah I'm sure they told him on his visit that they will keep him in mind if they don't land their other priority big men. Like others said hopefully the staff feels good about getting Obekpa or Hammons. I think Scott will go on to be a nice player but will probably take him a couple years to be an impact guy.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #38
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I expect at least 1 commit by the Nov. signing date.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #39
bearcat18
Elite Member

Scott tweeted back to somebody and said UC is still at the top of his list FWIW.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #40
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post
Scott tweeted back to somebody and said UC is still at the top of his list FWIW.
It wouldn't shock me if the staff told him that at this moment they cannot accept his verbal and they wanted him to be clear on that so, if UC is unable to accept it in the future, he is not left without an opportunity to play D-1 hoops.