Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #1271
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
AND they still fired their coach... What will mick bring to their table.
With the ability to recruit as a P5 member maybe quite a bit or more of the same.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #1272
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
AND they still fired their coach... What will mick bring to their table.
Their fans are delusional. They have a good history but think they should be on the level of Duke and UNC. Last time around, I remember reading their message boards and a lot of them were convinced they should be able to pull Billy Donavan from Florida.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #1273
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I believe that Archie and his wife both went to NCST. Why is Goodman so adamant that he is not going to look
He's close to the situation. It's probably not just random speculation. It's not a secret that he's interested in Ohio State and there is a chance Matta resigns because of his back issues.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #1274
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
With the ability to recruit as a P5 member maybe quite a bit or more of the same.
Like when we were in the big east, arguably the best bb conference at the time. I don't think conference affiliation helped mick that much.

Edit: I'm not saying he hasnt been progressing or having a good year. Just that he wasn't being in the five stars when we were in a major conference.

Last edited by Bcatfollower; 02-17-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #1275
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Like when we were in the big east, arguably the best bb conference at the time. I don't think conference affiliation helped mick that much.
We made it to the conference title game. We also landed a 5 star. Conference matters.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #1276
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
He's close to the situation. It's probably not just random speculation. It's not a secret that he's interested in Ohio State and there is a chance Matta resigns because of his back issues.
He was mentioned as someone NCST would contact in the article I read. It also said he would probably hold out for TOSU.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #1277
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:

Edit: I'm not saying he hasnt been progressing or having a good year. Just that he wasn't being in the five stars when we were in a major conference.
Gotcha. I base my opinion off comments Chad made on here awhile back.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #1278
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You worry too much about P5 + BE in regards to college basketball. How has P5 worked out for the programs at LSU, Boston College, Colorado, Rutgers TCU, and Depaul? Would any coach take a position at those schools over UC? The answer is no. Simply put, these schools would take to long to turn around before they get fired.

Coaches look for positions where they will have the chance to succeed, and thankfully UC is one of the better positioned universities to provide that. New arena, established brand, consistent performance, a large fan base, and most importantly, reasonable expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Their fans are delusional. They have a good history but think they should be on the level of Duke and UNC. Last time around, I remember reading their message boards and a lot of them were convinced they should be able to pull Billy Donavan from Florida.
This is exactly why the NCST job isn't all that great.

While overall the situation may look better in regards to conference and history. If it isn't realistic to achieve the goals of the fans, you are going to be fired in 4-5 years min.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #1279
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKY Bearcat View Post
You worry too much about P5 + BE in regards to college basketball. How has P5 worked out for the programs at LSU, Boston College, Colorado, Rutgers TCU, and Depaul? Would any coach take a position at those schools over UC? The answer is no. Simply put, these schools would take to long to turn around before they get fired.

Coaches look for positions where they will have the chance to succeed, and thankfully UC is one of the better positioned universities to provide that. New arena, established brand, consistent performance, a large fan base, and most importantly, reasonable expectations.

This is exactly why the NCST job isn't all that great.

While overall the situation may look better in regards to conference and history. If it isn't realistic to achieve the goals of the fans, you are going to be fired in 4-5 years min.
You couldn't be more wrong. P5 affiliation is huge. But your certainly entitled to your opinion. Have a nice day.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #1280
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. P5 affiliation is huge. But your certainly entitled to your opinion. Have a nice day.
LSU, Boston College, Colorado, Rutgers, TCU, and Depaul

I gave you 6 teams. Please explain to me how any of those P5 + BE are a better job than Cincinnati.

If you are going to make claims, back it up.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote