Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #1
coachpipe
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,335
coachpipe is on a distinguished road
FC Cincinnati

were any of you in attendance for the record breaking crowd this weekend? Had more people in attendance than 5 of the 7 MLS games that night.

My take on the game. Louisville City was a much better team. They played a possession game while spreading the ball wide for the majority of the first half. I will admit, I think the handball call in the box was a call that sometimes it gets called other times it doesnt. That may have changed the momentum of the first half.

The 2nd half up a man we just werent playing smart soccer. You are a man up, stop trying to split defenders or the long crosses(that never worked btw) keep possession and pass around, build it up and spread it wide. Tire them out, you are up a man, someone is always open. If Okoli would have made even decent contact on that scissor kick that was a goal. Hit his shin I believe. Still a great game and a lot of fun

I was sitting/standing in The Bailey in the 2nd to last row back all the way to the end(side they enter on) with my REALLY drunk friends

coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst
 
the_one_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colerain
Posts: 1,061
the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
I've been to both home games with my wife and thoroughly enjoyed both of them and already bought tickets for April 30th game.

My take on the Louisville City game differs from yours. Yes for 25 minutes of those first half they played the possession game and did it well. However our midfield is thought to be the best in the league and didn't play up to par. They were able to expose the lack of pace our LB has and that led to all 3 of their goals. They were gift wrapped that 1st goal on an extremely questionable hand ball call. Austin Berry's arm was next to his hip and not extended from his body. By rule it is not intentionally handling the ball and shouldn't result in a penalty.

The other 2 goals like I stated before were a result of our LBs inability to contain the pace of their outside mid. As for the 2nd half, speaking as someone who played the game for 10+ years on a high level, playing against a team with 10 men who also has a lead is extremely tough. They put 9 guys behind the ball, forget about attacking and clog up any space for runs into the box or services sent for headers.

This game boiled down to really two things: the struggles of our LB and our midfields inability to play good balls to Okoli and to support him on the attack.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
coachpipe
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,335
coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
I've been to both home games with my wife and thoroughly enjoyed both of them and already bought tickets for April 30th game.

My take on the Louisville City game differs from yours. Yes for 25 minutes of those first half they played the possession game and did it well. However our midfield is thought to be the best in the league and didn't play up to par. They were able to expose the lack of pace our LB has and that led to all 3 of their goals. They were gift wrapped that 1st goal on an extremely questionable hand ball call. Austin Berry's arm was next to his hip and not extended from his body. By rule it is not intentionally handling the ball and shouldn't result in a penalty.

The other 2 goals like I stated before were a result of our LBs inability to contain the pace of their outside mid. As for the 2nd half, speaking as someone who played the game for 10+ years on a high level, playing against a team with 10 men who also has a lead is extremely tough. They put 9 guys behind the ball, forget about attacking and clog up any space for runs into the box or services sent for headers.

This game boiled down to really two things: the struggles of our LB and our midfields inability to play good balls to Okoli and to support him on the attack.
We are basically on the same page though. It wasnt until the last 5-10 minutes that our mids started to play smarter with the ball at their feet. For a majority of the game our mids were basically giving the ball away on either bad switches or tough to near impossible through balls. The last 10 minutes of the game we started spreading it wide and actually using the entire field. It seems we were trying to keep the ball in the middle of the field for the majority of the game instead of using the space given to us. And yes you could really tell our LB is pretty weak. And agree on the handball, he did everything he could to be as thin as he possibly could, his arms were directly at his side.

Where did you play? I played for Team Cincy for 4 years
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst
 
the_one_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colerain
Posts: 1,061
the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
By the way we were in the bailey section 133 row 12. But I played for a select team called Strike Force for 5 years then played FOSC for 3 years before ended my soccer career with CUP for 4 years. I played in 3 ODP camps and was a member of the U-14 National team.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #5
ZCat
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 922
ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
By the way we were in the bailey section 133 row 12. But I played for a select team called Strike Force for 5 years then played FOSC for 3 years before ended my soccer career with CUP for 4 years. I played in 3 ODP camps and was a member of the U-14 National team.
Not sure what all the acronyms are for the soccer leagues, but you impressed me lol. Nice so many former athletes here.

Don't know a lot about soccer, but it seems a little demoralizing that Louisville was leading not sure how many though, but down a man and is able to basically clog the goal and not let us score. Seems kind of like stall ball and less fun?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member
 
jacobkdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 17,011
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I heard both Futbol Clubs could really kick the ball. The mid-center-middle-mid back for Louisville should've been given a red when it was nil-nil, but we didn't get the call. Oh well...that's how it goes sometimes.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #7
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst
 
the_one_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colerain
Posts: 1,061
the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Not sure what all the acronyms are for the soccer leagues, but you impressed me lol. Nice so many former athletes here.

Don't know a lot about soccer, but it seems a little demoralizing that Louisville was leading not sure how many though, but down a man and is able to basically clog the goal and not let us score. Seems kind of like stall ball and less fun?
Lol sorry FOSC is Fairfield Optimus soccer club and CUP is Cincinnati United Premier which is essentially the best players in the city on one team. CUP travels to out of state soccer tournaments every weekend and plays in college and national showcases.

When it comes to playing against a team whose a man down. It's actually not as boring as it would seem because your possessing the ball and trying to score anyway possible. Gives fans and players a sense of anxiety and excitement because anything from a great ball in the box, a shot from outside the 18 yard box or a deflection can cause a goal and you never know when it may happen. Instead of watching probing in the midfield or dump and chase play to the lone striker, the attacking team is within striking distance of goal.

Now from a players point of view, I played striker all my life, it's extremely frustrating because of lack of room on the pitch and the wasted runs you make without receiving through balls.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 AM   #8
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst
 
the_one_32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colerain
Posts: 1,061
the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I heard both Futbol Clubs could really kick the ball. The mid-center-middle-mid back for Louisville should've been given a red when it was nil-nil, but we didn't get the call. Oh well...that's how it goes sometimes.
Actually your kinda right lol. Okoli was being essentially assaulted by their CB and he should have red carded long before he actually did.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member
 
jacobkdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 17,011
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Actually your kinda right lol. Okoli was being essentially assaulted by their CB and he should have red carded long before he actually did.
Hahaha yes! I know my soccer! Lol.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.