Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-26-2018, 10:43 PM   #71
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
At this point I don't think anyone is saying Jenifer needs to have his minutes reduced except perhaps in games like this one. That was not always the case but he's been doing a great job this year so far and most of the fans are now on board the Jenifer train. Not only from a ball handling aspect but he is knocking down 3's and we need that just as much right now.

That being said...there are many reasons you try to get players in the game that are on the bench...only one of them being get them ready for next year. You never know what is going to happen as the season progresses. One player can turn an ankle and be out for a few games. This past game was one of those games we could get guys like Johnson and Diarra extended minutes to help in the case of emergency type use later on.

We all get that he has two seniors in front of him but that may not always be the case. Particularly in light of the struggles of Broome...but illness/injury etc can come into play...knock on wood. Always be prepared
Totally agree.
I dont see what the harm is in giving people some playing time in a blow out (Obviously it’s a different story if the person has been clowning in practice and not playing defense) Because you never know when someone might get injured. Or in foul trouble.

I never understand that about coaches. The same thing about taking starters out. I will see Star players in near the end of a game for absolutely no reason. Why take the risk of an injury.?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote