Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 5+ 19 61.29%
UC wins by 1-4 6 19.35%
UCLA wins by 1-4 0 0%
UCLA wins by 5+ 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #331
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Also, there is serious value is there not being a ton of tape on Cane broome within this offense once we get into conference play.

Its probably a great thing that Cane hasn't shown everything he can do. You can't take something away if you don't know it exists.

Im downloading and putting the full game together now from Synergy and am going to re-watch it.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #332
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Also, there is serious value is there not being a ton of tape on Cane broome within this offense once we get into conference play.

Its probably a great thing that Cane hasn't shown everything he can do. You can't take something away if you don't know it exists.

Im downloading and putting the full game together now from Synergy and am going to re-watch it.

dont let him go left. but its easier said than done. i dont think you need a lot of tape for that.

that first step he has is a killer.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #333
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
How do you get here? Cane was mistake free too when they started pressing. Evans was the one that had the awful turnover.

Jenifer can come in if he’s gonna keep hitting free throws, but the move was benching Cumberland not Broome. Cumberland can’t be out there being a career 60% ft shooter.

But I still don’t see why cane needed to come out. It did almost feel like mick just had to even their minutes out (similar to how he benched Jenifer the other night basically the entire half for no reason)
I'm not saying Cane needed to come out. I am saying Jenifer is better at nursing a lead than he is starting a game when we could use scoring.

But beyond that I would not put Cane on point nursing a lead. Jenifer is much more solid with the ball and makes crisp passes. I may be fine with Cane being in for Cumberland with 2 minutes left if we're getting fouled.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #334
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

But beyond that I would not put Cane on point nursing a lead.
i dont really think there is anything to back that up.

he's good enough to get the team a lead but not good enough to keep it? that seems sorta silly to me.

we need to get over thinking broome is turnover prone, he's proven through the last 4 that he isn't.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #335
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

he's good enough to get the team a lead but not good enough to keep it? that seems sorta silly to me.

we need to get over thinking broome is turnover prone, he's proven through the last 4 that he isn't.
He needs to prove it to his coach who also sees him everyday in practice.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 12-17-2017 at 09:34 AM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #336
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Right foul mode so we needed our ft shooters. Jenifer cane Evans Gary and Kyle.

And I agree he went with Jenifer cause of how big the lead was. But if there was ever a time for Broome at the wing, that was it. 2 primary ball handlers.
Sitting Cumberland in that spot was not a bad thought but historically he isn't a bad foul shooter. I hope he turns it around. We need him to be a better player then he was last year especially by years end. I actually think if he was playing better Cane may be getting more minuets as the PG. Williams is coming on a bit but if I need minutes in a close game at the wing I prefer it be Cane.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #337
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

He will earn that trust back with Cronin.

But I have no idea why anyone is complaining. Mick made the change for jenifer and we held onto the lead, Jenifer made his free throws and didn't commit a single TO.

So yes, Cane has proved he has gotten better at protecting the ball, he still is No where near as good as jenifer is at it. Jenifer has 2 TO the last 4 games and Cane has 7.

I don't understand why we complaining about strategy when our team just went into Pauley Pavilllion and kicked ass. Cane and Justin did their jobs. Mick made the right subs all game IMO..
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #338
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
He need some to prove it to his coach who also sees him everyday in practice.
mick has been holding him and kyle to a different standard than the rest of the team, thats clear when watching.

but mick has always played favorites with certain guys. the 2014 ge'lawn guyn season stands out specifically.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #339
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Sitting Cumberland in that spot was not a bad thought but historically he isn't a bad foul shooter. I hope he turns it around. We need him to be a better player then he was last year especially by years end. I actually think if he was playing better Cane may be getting more minuets as the PG. Williams is coming on a bit but if I need minutes in a close game at the wing I prefer it be Cane.

yeah he is a bad one historically. 64% last season, 51% this season, 60% career.

no other way to slice it, cumberland is just a bad FT shooter. he shouldn't be, i don't believe he was in high school, but he has been very bad in college.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #340
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
He will earn that trust back with Cronin.

But I have no idea why anyone is complaining. Mick made the change for jenifer and we held onto the lead, Jenifer made his free throws and didn't commit a single TO.

So yes, Cane has proved he has gotten better at protecting the ball, he still is No where near as good as jenifer is at it. Jenifer has 2 TO the last 4 games and Cane has 7.

I don't understand why we complaining about strategy when our team just went into Pauley Pavilllion and kicked ass. Cane and Justin did their jobs. Mick made the right subs all game IMO..

why do you think stating things is complaining? also i didn't say it was bad to bring jenifer in, i said cumberland is probably the guy to pull in that scenario.