Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-03-2017, 02:25 AM   #601
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Evans isn't going anywhere. And you're gonna make an alpha dog list and leave off the leading scorer from last year? If anything he will be makings a jump and heading off to the NBA after next season. I'm not disputing the fact that those other three will be big contributors and the rest of our top 4 scorers, but I wouldn't consider Evans the biggest risk by any means. He's a stud, and coming into his own game by game.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #602
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Evans isn't going anywhere. And you're gonna make an alpha dog list and leave off the leading scorer from last year? If anything he will be makings a jump and heading off to the NBA after next season. I'm not disputing the fact that those other three will be big contributors and the rest of our top 4 scorers, but I wouldn't consider Evans the biggest risk by any means. He's a stud, and coming into his own game by game.
I clearly noted that Evans was our most talented player. And he was incredibly efficient last year. I’m just saying that Evans will need to more assertive on this team. Cane, jarron and Kyle aren’t shy. Jacob is an unselfish player. Jake took over when he needed to but sometimes he didn’t look for any shot except the 3 pointer. When that didn’t fall he would go silent. Jarron is a fearless driver, so Is cane. I just think Evans needs to be a lite bit more as well
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #603
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I clearly noted that Evans was our most talented player. And he was incredibly efficient last year. I’m just saying that Evans will need to more assertive on this team. Cane, jarron and Kyle aren’t shy. Jacob is an unselfish player. Jake took over when he needed to but sometimes he didn’t look for any shot except the 3 pointer. When that didn’t fall he would go silent. Jarron is a fearless driver, so Is cane. I just think Evans needs to be a lite bit more as well
I don't think your assessment is too far off. Kyle is going to shoot when he gets the ball for the most part. We have reason to believe Broome will as well although not as much as at Sacred Heart. Cumberland was already starting to show more aggression end of season last year.

Jacob and Gary are our most well rounded players but neither is looked at as aggressive at creating their own shots as some of the others might be. I certainly don't want this to be a selfish team but there are only so many shots to go around so Evans and Clark will have to take every good chance they get. If we push the ball a lot this season I think everyone can be happy and find their spots. In fact I think Evans (as some have already suggested) may thrive in the up tempo style because he won't have to create as much in the half court (which isn't really his game). I like Evans out on the break, stop and pop 3's, and following up for offensive rebounds etc.

We have the depth to run and we have players who can get it done in half court sets. A VERY versatile team! We can score in the paint and from outside and now we have some players who can create a little as well.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #604
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
It's a good question as to who will step up and be aggressive. Gary is in his final year and I am sure wants to play some pro ball as does Washington. With a great year Evans could be in the draft. Broome and Cumberland seem to be somewhat aggressive by nature already.

Perhaps the big question is what the conversation was like when Cronin sat down with these guys at the end of last year or the beginning of this year. Who does he issue challenges to and what exactly are they? How does he tell each player to get better to reach their professional aspirations? Can he get the best out of everyone and still play team ball?

I firmly believe if we play as a team with a faster pace we can let everyone shine a little. I don't think coach is going to put up with too much ball hogging unless 1 or 2 players demand it because of excellent performance. SK was in a position where he was a clear choice to get the ball in his hands. We probably have 5 scoring options on our team now who are better than the next 4 on SK's senior team. It wasn't a problem to give the ball to SK and clear out.

Last year we had Troy and KJ who weren't all that demanding of the ball. Troy was more than willing to get other players the ball. Clark and Evans were also not demanding players. This year we add two guys who will want to shoot more and will have the ball in their hands a lot. If it all comes together and everyone is happy it's going to be a great year! I hope nobody gets frustrated because they aren't getting the ball enough. Most of them deserve to get the ball a lot. It will be interesting to see how Cronin manages this team to get the most out of them as a unit.

Last edited by waterhead; 09-05-2017 at 01:00 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #605
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Just saw the Florida game is finalized being played in New Jersey on December 9th
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #606
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Got bored and made a quick highlight video of Jarron Cumberland's performance against Xavier and jarron reached out on twitter and asked me to make a full season. Figured I’d shared here as well

https://youtu.be/2Px-t7UoHgA
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #607
CareBat

CareBat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Very excited for Jarrons year #2. Love his "I will eat your lunch" attitude. Which reminds me, has he slimmed down this summer?
CareBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #608
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Crosstown shootout time announced today, 12 pm on FS1. On the same day and time as the AAC football championship if UC were to make it. Which is a little unlikely. Regardless, terrible time on aneutral irrelevant network.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #609
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Just saw the Florida game is finalized being played in New Jersey on December 9th
Just saw this. It'll be held in Newark (I'm guessing at the Prudential Center).

Very excited as this will likely be the only UC game I'll be able to attend all year. Last game I saw was against Pitt at the Garden in 2013. Rubles scored the game-winning bucket with a few seconds to go.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #610
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Crosstown shootout time announced today, 12 pm on FS1. On the same day and time as the AAC football championship if UC were to make it. Which is a little unlikely. Regardless, terrible time on aneutral irrelevant network.
How could it not be ESPN? Bc it's at eggz? FS1 lolololol
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote