Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be outcome of the Georgia State game?
UC wins by 20+ 10 25.64%
UC wins by 10-19 23 58.97%
UC wins by 1-9 5 12.82%
Georgia State wins 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #101
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I never said UC was going to lose or UC was scared.

But I think it can be a fairly close game with the way they shoot the ball. And with the way we’ve shot the ball.

Do I think we’re better? Absolutely and it’s not close. It’s just if you watch as much basketball as I do, you’ll always be a little worried with 1. A team who has a killer and 2. A team who has multiple high volume 40% shooters.

I’m not predicting a UC loss by any means. But I did think it was interesting the way Hunter gets his team ready for games. And it was mostly wondering how mick gets his guys amped for games. Because it’s been said ( and not by me) that a lot of times uc players play scared to make a mistake sometimes.
Yes they have a "killer" and people who shoot 40% but look against the competition they're doing that against. We have 5 killers and 5 people that shoot over 40% when we're consistently playing bad teams too.

The only way we lose this game, regardless if they should be a 13 or 15 seed, is if we play our worst game of the year by far.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:49 AM   #102
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
We are the better team playing on a neutral floor. My expectation is we win the game. Really don't care if it is my 1 point or 20 points. Rather it be easy or hard. This is a win and advance tourney. You don't get points for style. Everyone in the field has built a resume or they wouldn't be in the field. Time to go to work.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #103
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
We are the better team playing on a neutral floor. My expectation is we win the game. Really don't care if it is my 1 point or 20 points. Rather it be easy or hard. This is a win and advance tourney. You don't get points for style. Everyone in the field has built a resume or they wouldn't be in the field. Time to go to work.
We will completely overwhelm them. They have no idea what they're up against. They better have their fun now bc come Friday they're dead meat. We aren't just happy to be here like Georgia State.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #104
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
We will completely overwhelm them. They have no idea what they're up against. They better have their fun now bc come Friday they're dead meat. We aren't just happy to be here like Georgia State.
I'm with you. I think we are on team on a mission.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #105
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I never said UC was going to lose or UC was scared.

But I think it can be a fairly close game with the way they shoot the ball. And with the way we’ve shot the ball.

Do I think we’re better? Absolutely and it’s not close. It’s just if you watch as much basketball as I do, you’ll always be a little worried with 1. A team who has a killer and 2. A team who has multiple high volume 40% shooters.

I’m not predicting a UC loss by any means. But I did think it was interesting the way Hunter gets his team ready for games. And it was mostly wondering how mick gets his guys amped for games. Because it’s been said ( and not by me) that a lot of times uc players play scared to make a mistake sometimes.
I am usually a little nervous in most games. If they play out of their minds and we can't make shots...they can beat us. But that can be said about just about any college basketball game really. Probably 80-90% of them anyway.

We beat this team 9 out of 10 times. I am going to assume this is going to be one of the 9. I'm not overlooking them...just saying it's going to probably take a meltdown from us.

That being said we need Evans to get back to himself or we aren't going to get past the Sweet 16.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #106
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
The only thing that worries me a little is the zone D if Evans is off. We are going to need to make some 3's. If Evans gets back to his old self...we could win this by 20+. If not...it could be closer to 10.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #107
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
We should have a field day on the offensive glass against their zone. They're #320 in defensive rebounding, we're #3 in offensive rebounding.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:13 AM   #108
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I am usually a little nervous in most games. If they play out of their minds and we can't make shots...they can beat us. But that can be said about just about any college basketball game really. Probably 80-90% of them anyway.

We beat this team 9 out of 10 times. I am going to assume this is going to be one of the 9. I'm not overlooking them...just saying it's going to probably take a meltdown from us.

That being said we need Evans to get back to himself or we aren't going to get past the Sweet 16.
We just beat 3 of the hottest teams in nation, yes counting Memphis. All with our best offensive threat playing like shit. Were going to be fine. If we can guard a whichita State team with Two possible NBA players and a unbelievable shooting and tough Houston team, were going to be fine. They can't handle our bigs down low, we have size advantage over every position, and we have a low major high volume scorer on the bench, who is starting to figure his role out. Georgia state is solid, were great. Imagine Clark, Evans or Cumberland or Washington in there league. They would average 40 a game. Can they beat us with there best player not scoring forty? Even if he goes off, were very balanced. Were going to be fine, take that anxiety and focus it on second game, where either team has a slight chance to compete with us. It were playing this same team in beginning of year out of conference, everyone would be predicting a 30 point win. Cane Broome owned his league and comes off or bench, not to say he should. Georgia state coach is known to be off his rocker. He will rue the day that he talked all this shit in public, bring on Texas or Nevada. Time to get the tourney started, time and primed for a bearcat run.

Last edited by Defense first; 03-14-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #109
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
We should have a field day on the offensive glass against their zone. They're #320 in defensive rebounding, we're #3 in offensive rebounding.

right, its going to come down to can they score more on 1 shot per possession than we can on 2-3. chuck it and go get it is the type of offense cronin likes anyway, so this should fit right into his style.

we just have to defend the 3 point line. which we should be able to considering their offense appears to be so basic.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #110
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

A little perspective about the Georgia St/ Tulane game.

Tulane shot 18-58 from 2 point land that's 31% and 3-21 from 3. That is 18%

Georgia ST shot 38@ from both the 2 and 3 and won by 11. Tulane out rebounded them and shot a higher @ from the FT line.

Tulane couldn't throw it in the ocean that night. In my opinion that is the only way we are getting beat.