Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Abernathy

Just heard on channel 12 news that Abernathy will be moved to slot receiver this year. This is good news for two reasons to me. One, I thought he was a senior, so I didn't think we had him coming back and two, I was very tired of seeing him run up the middle. He was only effective for the most part in the receiving game.

p.s. I just rewound the DVR to make sure I heard it right and I did. I guess today is the first day of spring practice. Glad they have the bubble...
Old 02-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Just heard on channel 12 news that Abernathy will be moved to slot receiver this year. This is good news for two reasons to me. One, I thought he was a senior, so I didn't think we had him coming back and two, I was very tired of seeing him run up the middle. He was only effective for the most part in the receiving game.

p.s. I just rewound the DVR to make sure I heard it right and I did. I guess today is the first day of spring practice. Glad they have the bubble...
Yes Ralph is moving to slot, great move i think he will be great there, this should give hosey and tion green majority of the runs. Add this to Shaq Washington, Max Morrison, and Rod moore with Gunner Kunner Kiel throwing should be good. I heard Offensive Corridinater Eddie Gran say this team will have a very up tempo offense, no huddle a lot of times. Should be a very exciting season. I think they will be very good and will need maximum fan support down at paul brown till nippert is done
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Yes Ralph is moving to slot, great move i think he will be great there, this should give hosey and tion green majority of the runs. Add this to Shaq Washington, Max Morrison, and Rod moore with Gunner Kunner Kiel throwing should be good. I heard Offensive Corridinater Eddie Gran say this team will have a very up tempo offense, no huddle a lot of times. Should be a very exciting season. I think they will be very good and will need maximum fan support down at paul brown till nippert is done
Don't forget Mekale McKay, too. He had some issues with drops last year, but I think he is definitely our best deep threat. I don't know how I missed that Abernathy was only a junior last year. I guess it just seems he's been here forever. I didn't really mind him lining up as a RB because he was versatile and could still be used on those little dump passes, but running him up the middle, especially with your line getting blown up most games up the middle just seemed asinine to me.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Don't forget Mekale McKay, too. He had some issues with drops last year, but I think he is definitely our best deep threat. I don't know how I missed that Abernathy was only a junior last year. I guess it just seems he's been here forever. I didn't really mind him lining up as a RB because he was versatile and could still be used on those little dump passes, but running him up the middle, especially with your line getting blown up most games up the middle just seemed asinine to me.
McKay is the best WR on this team by a long shot!! Kid had NFL written all over him. They need to throw his way more this year.
Gotcha23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes I knew I was forgetting someone. McKay is a stud. Wow Kiel has some weapons, can't wait to check out that spring game. Also hoping to see a big improvement from Jeff luc, and that fact that safety zack Edwards is only going to be a sophomore is awesome, that kid was a stud as a freshman can't wait to watch him 3 more years
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Yes I knew I was forgetting someone. McKay is a stud. Wow Kiel has some weapons, can't wait to check out that spring game. Also hoping to see a big improvement from Jeff luc, and that fact that safety zack Edwards is only going to be a sophomore is awesome, that kid was a stud as a freshman can't wait to watch him 3 more years
We also have Gladney the juco we signed he was top 3 in America at WR. People have said he is the A.J. Green of the Bearcats. And also it's Chris Moore the WR. not Rod Moore he is a RB.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #7
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
McKay is a solid receiver, but Shaq Washington is easily our best returning wide out.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
McKay is a solid receiver, but Shaq Washington is easily our best returning wide out.
Numbers-wise, yes, he is. 78 catches and surprisingly only 1 TD somehow. McKay is the better athlete/deep threat. He has that 6'4, 6'5 height (I believe he's that tall) that you want from an elite receiver. He needs to be more consistent catching the ball though. Washington was very effective over the middle last year and in short passes. Big on third downs getting the first. Having a deep threat in McKay is what will allow Shaq and hopefully, RDA to eat up receptions underneath. If Gunner Kiel can live up to the hype this team will be fun to watch passing the ball. I wonder if he'll move Abernathy back to kick-off returns now that he isn't considered the #1 RB. He broke that one for a TD in the Liberty Bowl and he has all the tools you want in a returner. I hated that they took him off last year.