Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 11-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #11
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Coming back from 10 down on the road against a very good defense is a great achievement. All analysts I heard picked USF to win because of its stout run defense and premier corners. There looked to be limited soft spots to exploit in the matchup between the UC offense and USF defense. Nonetheless after a scoreless first half the UC coaches were able to make adjustments and came out to play a smash mouth up the middle running and ultimately overcome the deficit.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:44 AM   #12
BoomBoomRoom

BoomBoomRoom is on a distinguished road
Reading these comments one would never know this team has only one loss and that to #2 in the nation.
BoomBoomRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #13
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomRoom View Post
Reading these comments one would never know this team has only one loss and that to #2 in the nation.
Good point. We played really well, our offensive coordinator looked brilliant as usual, and our QB looked phenomenal. I can't believe anyone was critical.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #14
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Coming back from 10 down on the road against a very good defense is a great achievement. All analysts I heard picked USF to win because of its stout run defense and premier corners. There looked to be limited soft spots to exploit in the matchup between the UC offense and USF defense. Nonetheless after a scoreless first half the UC coaches were able to make adjustments and came out to play a smash mouth up the middle running and ultimately overcome the deficit.
This team has a lot of heart and a legit defense. Just wish Denbrock could find a way to open up the passing game a bit. Don't get me wrong -- I am very happy with 9-1, which is at least 1 more win than I would have expected at this point going into the season. But I am really concerned about our ability to beat some pretty good teams over the next several weeks with a vanilla playbook and a QB who seems to be too injured to throw the ball with any consistency.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:27 AM   #15
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
This team has a lot of heart and a legit defense. Just wish Denbrock could find a way to open up the passing game a bit. Don't get me wrong -- I am very happy with 9-1, which is at least 1 more win than I would have expected at this point going into the season. But I am really concerned about our ability to beat some pretty good teams over the next several weeks with a vanilla playbook and a QB who seems to be too injured to throw the ball with any consistency.
Interesting that Ridder beat USF with his feet. We find ways to win. Temple of course will be very tough but with the division title in our grasp, I think we can pull it out. I am not confident about beating Memphis at all but if we just make the championship and then lay it all on the line in that game, I will be super happy. Then we have to worrry about Fick.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:41 AM   #16
BoomBoomRoom

BoomBoomRoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Good point. We played really well, our offensive coordinator looked brilliant as usual, and our QB looked phenomenal. I can't believe anyone was critical.
Who said anything like that ? 9-1 is a good thing no matter how you look at it and if anything it shows resilience of the coaching and players to WIN consistently against who's on the schedule. Would you prefer 25 of 30 for 450 yards 4 TDs in a loss ?
BoomBoomRoom is offline   Reply With Quote