Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #21
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Mick seems fixated on making road games grinders for whatever reason. Teams ordinarily do perform slightly worse on the road but Cincinnati's splits are dramatic. At home, they look like one of the best offensive teams in the country (and the numbers bear that out) but on the road they look awful. Something definitely needs to change.
If it were earlier in the season, I'd say "chill, dude". But I'd be lying if at this point I said I wasn't concerned with how we'll play on neutral floors in March. Only a few more opportunities before the tournament where we can get some confidence shooting on a hoop that isn't in Fifth Third Arena.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #22
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mick seems fixated on making road games grinders for whatever reason. Teams ordinarily do perform slightly worse on the road but Cincinnati's splits are dramatic. At home, they look like one of the best offensive teams in the country (and the numbers bear that out) but on the road they look awful. Something definitely needs to change.
I agree, it definitely does seem this way. I can't see a coach purposely doing that tho. Especially when we actually have players that can play. Maybe if we are playing Ucla or something to slow the game down but we are playing Tulsa and temple. Who knows
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:22 AM   #23
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Well UCF will be ugly too just for the heads up.

There's no worry here for the post season and there shouldn't be such a negative spin on it. Neutral courts are drastically different than playing in someone's home gym. Look at our 2 neutral games if you want to talk about neutral games. We did very well in those games.

2 road games left, and confident we will win both no matter what. So not sure why we have to go on and on about road games.

Enjoy the rest of the season guys. Try to get the dark cloud from over your heads of analyzing every possible thing and looking for negatives. We are 24-3 and going to have an exciting post season. It's been a fun year.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 02-22-2017 at 09:26 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #24
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post

There's no worry here for the post season and there shouldn't be such a negative spin on it. Neutral courts are drastically different than playing in someone's home gym. Look at our 2 neutral games if you want to talk about neutral games. We did very well in those games.

2 road games left, and confident we will win both no matter what. So not sure why we have to go on and on about road games.

Enjoy the rest of the season guys. Try to get the dark cloud from over your heads of analyzing every possible thing and looking for negatives. We are 24-3 and going to have an exciting post season. It's been a fun year.
Not negative, love the team. I think we Just like talking bearcat bball. Also Cincinnati sports will do that to you after the last 30 years.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #25
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Not negative, love the team. I think we Just like talking bearcat bball. Also Cincinnati sports will do that to you after the last 30 years.
Negative to the fact that since NTS has been back he has started a thread of us trending backwards and a thread now that we are not playing as well on the road.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #26
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Oh please. You are so amazing because you are enjoying this season more than me!!! BS spewed by the Mick defenders.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #27
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post

Who's saying the year hasn't been fun? I quite often disagree with NTS' analysis and perspective, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that our home/road splits are vastly different. Just because we've overall had a great year and are mostly happy with things doesn't mean we have to be silent about the few things we don't like. I think as an overall forum, we've been very positive this season, and rightfully so.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #28
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Oh please. You are so amazing because you are enjoying this season more than me!!! BS spewed by the Mick defenders.
Aaaaaaand I'm back to disagreeing with you. Lmao
Old 02-22-2017, 10:56 AM   #29
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Aaaaaaand I'm back to disagreeing with you. Lmao
Good to see. I was worried for a bit.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #30
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I've brought up the home vs road shooting % on two different occasions because it's a problem we will need to fix when we play games away from our own arena in the tourneys.

I am also extremely happy with 24-3 because before the season started I would not have guessed anywhere close to that big of a change from last year. We lost 4 significant contributors compared to last year. I was expecting to be slightly better but not the record we have.

I can be ecstatic about our record and critique our weaknesses at the same time.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote