Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Yeah I searched everywhere on the 'net and it's hard to find video on this guy... there are about a dozen quick one play clips on youtube, but that's it... I will say, size wise he looks more than capable of playing the 4... so I don't see that as an issue at all, unlike Chane... I still think he is very small, athletic or not, to play the 4 in the Big East... we should know in about three weeks time now what Ricardo's decision will be... if he doesn't commit elsewhere before he takes his visit here I think he's a Bearcat...
I tend to agree with everything you've said.

The question is: if Ratliffe commits, Bishop is gone? Or, are the wheels already spinning to help a few kids transfer?

I think Chane can play the 4 in the BE. He is 6'6"-6'7". Jeff Adrien was a very, very good power forward in this conference at about 6'7". Chane can have a nice career at any school in the BE if he puts his mind to it. He has all the physical tools. It's about willingness and drive. Does he have it? If he commits to UC, I sure hope so...
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #22
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
I tend to agree with everything you've said.

The question is: if Ratliffe commits, Bishop is gone? Or, are the wheels already spinning to help a few kids transfer?

I think Chane can play the 4 in the BE. He is 6'6"-6'7". Jeff Adrien was a very, very good power forward in this conference at about 6'7". Chane can have a nice career at any school in the BE if he puts his mind to it. He has all the physical tools. It's about willingness and drive. Does he have it? If he commits to UC, I sure hope so...
I think Mick made it clear the night of the Dayton loss in the locker room that he was serious about making wholesale changes if guys don't get their acts together... Larry Davis (coach) spoke on 700WLW right before they signed off and he said that was a major reason why the 'Cats were in the locker room for so long after the loss...

But in general, with the state of our bigs right now and the talent it appears that Ratliffe possesses, you can't deny him a spot on this roster if he wants to be a Bearcat.

I actually wish they could do with Biggie what they did with Belton... the kid can physically hardly play anymore... even if he and/or the coaching staff thought he'd be better off transferring for his senior year, how much would he be able to play there even if he were that program's best option at center? His feet have been one royal pain in the butt since he's been here, that's for sure.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #23
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
I agree, no one's scholarship should be safe. Ricardo is a BEAST on the inside and can score with ease at times.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Charlie Strong alluded to the fact that his football team's schollies were not a given for current players. Essentially, he wants them to earn them all over again, or be gone. Pretty harsh, and he's got 80+ schollies to deal with, Mick has a limited amount, and few scoring options. It's a tough position for him to be in.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #25
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
I've read that Clemson is out.

Arkansas, Alabama, Cincinnati are the players here, IMO.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #26
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
I've read that Clemson is out.

Arkansas, Alabama, Cincinnati are the players here, IMO.
Wonder if that's going to effect his travel plans... to Clemson in general and when he visits Missouri and Cincy.

I suppose that's a positive of being in Ohio... if a kid comes to visit, he probably has legitimate interest, because few kids want to take a free trip to Ohio.

Last edited by psax889906; 03-25-2010 at 09:07 PM.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #27
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Quote:
Wonder if that's going to effect his travel plans... to Clemson in general and when he visits Missouri and Cincy.

I suppose that's a positive of being in Ohio... if a kid comes to visit, he probably has legitimate interest, because few kids want to take a free trip to Ohio.
I have no concrete knowledge that Missouri is out, but I do not think he goes there. Mike Anderson's substiution pattern is not conducive to producing big time numbers as a big man. Too guard oriented.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #28
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
UC has a legit shot at this kid. Mick's hard after him and a shooter from the whispers I heard the past two days. Look for a dropped scholly and financial aid for a player to stay and one to be gone if the pieces fall right.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #29
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Sooooo.... UPGRADE!!!

Agreed, we get him on his FINAL official visit... get it done and get this guy in a 'Cats uni!!!
I like it, too, that we will be the last school he visits. We'll be the freshest memory on his mind. Let this kid see how tough it is in the Big East and hopefully he'll see that is the conference for him to best build his game for the NBA. Hopefully it's warm here on April 17th.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #30
ucgrad94

ucgrad94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have no concrete knowledge that Missouri is out, but I do not think he goes there. Mike Anderson's substiution pattern is not conducive to producing big time numbers as a big man. Too guard oriented.
2008-2009, when Missouri was one of the best teams in the country, the two leading scorers and rebounders were both forwards. I wouldn't count them out based on subsitution patterns.
ucgrad94 is offline   Reply With Quote