Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
'10 TX PG Josh Watkins (Utah Verbal)

2010 (JUCO) PG: Josh Watkins (Offer)
5'9" 190lbs
Howard JC (Texas) (Originally from NY)

Offer: Yes
Other offers: Utah, Santa Clara
Interest: Florida State, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Wichita State, Oklahoma State

http://www.bearcatlair.com/forum/sho...atkins&p=10302
Link: http://www.deseretnews.com/blog/20/1...ing-trail.html

Starting point guard for NJCAA Championship Team. Named MVP of Tourney.
Dropped 26 points in Championship Game.
http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/view/208690/

Last edited by BearcatAlum1; 04-07-2010 at 10:55 PM.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
2010 (JUCO) PG: Josh Watkins
6'1 185lbs
Howard JC (Texas) (Originally from NY)

Offer: ?
Interest: Florida State, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, West Virginia

Link: http://www.deseretnews.com/blog/20/1...ing-trail.html

Starting point guard for NJCAA Championship Team. Named MVP of Tourney.
Dropped 26 points in Championship Game.
http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/view/208690/
He also set a record for fewest turnovers in the history of the tournament.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
He also set a record for fewest turnovers in the history of the tournament.
That's a nice record to hold.

Be strong with the ball and make good decisions.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
That's a nice record to hold.

Be strong with the ball and make good decisions.
48% from the field, 35% from 3 pt. land, 71% from ft line for the season I believe.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
48% from the field, 35% from 3 pt. land, 71% from ft line for the season I believe.
I'll take it from a point guard.

Handle the rock, hit open shots, lead the team.

It's pretty simple.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Mick is really surveying his options... it's looking more and more like there is going to be an overhaul of the roster to some extent...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Mick is really surveying his options... it's looking more and more like there is going to be an overhaul of the roster to some extent...
I tend to agree with you on this. Do you have any inside info or just a gut feeling?
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I tend to agree with you on this. Do you have any inside info or just a gut feeling?
Nothing in particular that hasn't already been stated on the forum... I prefer not to speculate on particular kids' lives so I think it's good to leave it at my original statement... like Larry Davis (the coach) said the night of the NIT loss... Mick made it clear what it was going to take to be a member of the team next season... essentially saying nothing should be taken for granted. Those sentiments sound strongly in my ear and they are certainly welcomed.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:52 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

The team underachieved last season largely due to the lack of effort by the players. Mick understands he needs to strengthen the backcourt. It is conceivable that Cash or Parker could play the 2 guard if Watkins is signed. I will be honest that I would much rather have Burton than Steele or Watkins if there is only going to be 1 opening available. Watkins is another New York kid with toughness and attitude and a body to compete in the BEast. He takes good care of the ball, but it's one thing to do that at the JUCO level and another at the BEast level. He is widely recognized to have legit talent though. Just give me kids that want to win and will do what it takes to do so. Burton and Watkins fit this mold. Add them to Jackson, Kilpatrick, Lance, Cash, Thomas, Wilks and Parker (and hopefully Ratliffe) and you change the make up of the team. Addition by subtraction may be the biggest move this team makes for next season. It will send a valuable message.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I am tired of combo gaurds. Give me a shooter. If you are going to keep Dixon then why add more of the same IMO.

Get a shooter. Get a big that hustles and can score some. Nothing else really appeals to me.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote