Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who will have the most Points+Rebounds+Assists+Steals+Blocks?
Gary Clark 15 71.43%
Jacob Evans III 3 14.29%
Kyle Washington 1 4.76%
Cane Broome 2 9.52%
Jarron Cumberland 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #21
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Right...but we are also still #10 in Kenpom overall with that horrendous schedule. Because KP takes into account margin of victory. In general we are taking care of that end. If we beat this team by 30-40...we aren't moving...and we probably will beat them by that much.

Conference will improve our SOS. It will be little by little. Our non con SOS is not going to get any better.
Only quibble with margin of victory is that starters don't play that much. With serious effort, our starters could have beat Arkansas Pine Bluff 100- 38
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #22
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Only quibble with margin of victory is that starters don't play that much. With serious effort, our best 5 could have beat Arkansas Pine Bluff 100- 38

fixed that for you
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #23
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Just you I think. Nothing like supporting developing underclassmen
Oh I love that they get to play. But it’s ugly basketball especially when we’re not pushing the pace.

I usually only miss a game or two a year, and I play basketball every thurs. ha I physically need this exercise more then I need to watch UC dominate Cleveland state in a stale enviorment. If this were at fifth third I’d probably go.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #24
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Oh I love that they get to play. But it’s ugly basketball especially when we’re not pushing the pace.

I usually only miss a game or two a year, and I play basketball every thurs. ha I physically need this exercise more then I need to watch UC dominate Cleveland state in a stale enviorment. If this were at fifth third I’d probably go.
Not a bad game to miss. 2 games in 3 days, Christmas and conference play around the corner. The team will have to bring their own energy.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #25
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
yep, cane came in, we pushed it from an 8 point lead to 28 point lead in 4 minutes. then we took the rest of the night off.
Yah...I don't recall exactly who was all in during those 4 minutes but I think Cane was in there. I don't expect to keep up a ratio of 20 points per 4 minutes during the rest of the game (that is about 200 points for a game)...but I would expect we can keep up a pace at half of that against one of the worst teams...and we didn't...and we were closer to 1/4th of that for the rest of the game.

Relatively speaking we stunk for 3/4ths of the game. With a spurt of 20 points in 4 minutes you would expect to be well over 100 against that team. We turned it over, took some quick/bad shots, and we didn't put the ball in the hole. We didn't have an offensive philosophy and didn't play team ball. We just let the players run and do what they wanted. Coach was not standing on the sidelines preaching...he was sitting and letting it play out.

There are only some good things that can happen when coach is letting things go. I heard he was sick...but it really tells you what can happen when he's not out there being active in a game.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #26
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Only quibble with margin of victory is that starters don't play that much. With serious effort, our starters could have beat Arkansas Pine Bluff 100- 38
Probably true. I am more dissapointed with how the bench played than anything. It looked like street ball for at least a half of the game.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #27
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Yah...I don't recall exactly who was all in during those 4 minutes but I think Cane was in there.

yeah cane came in at 14:40 or so with a 10-2 lead. and left at 9:20 or so with a 32-4 lead.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #28
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
yeah cane came in at 14:40 or so with a 10-2 lead. and left at 9:20 or so with a 32-4 lead.
Yea I literally just watched this segment. Cane was making plays all over the court. But that run also had a lot of help from Tre Scott, nysier brooks, Trevor Moore and Keith Williams. They all contributed huge in that run. Which was great to see.

If Scott could learn to score he could be Gary Clark lite in that he fills up the stat sheet.

I thought brooks looked good too in the first half.

If Evans stays, we can still win a ton of games with Broome, Cumberland, Evans, Scott and brooks starting. Just need the wings to all get around 15 a game or more and get double digits from Keith off the bench.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Assuming you're at home & not driving to/from the game?
Eh its not that far from home.... ....actually I got the wife to drive.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #30
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Well ...so you have that thing. Probably just an anomaly...lol!!

Seriously...we have to get that guy in the game...please!!!