Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #491
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Uh, he didn't. He applauded him for driving at 10:25 and yelled at him for shooting jump shot.
No, cane drove, tried to pass to washington, pass was deflected back to cane, cane is 1ft in front of the hoop and shoots it, gets fouled.

During the stopage Cronin screams stop shooting over and over at cane.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #492
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Lol.

This is a make or miss game. We stopped making them. They started making em.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #493
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Cronin Left Cumberland in the game with 4 fouls and lots of time. He promptly got scored on because he couldn't foul on the in bound play. Then he gets his 5th not long after. We even had a comfortable lead at that point. It's not like we were down 10.

Extremely stupid decision by coach. The offense we ran with 10 minutes left was also stupid.

There was a lot that went into this loss from a player and ref standpoint as well...but the coach has to be better than that if we ever wanted to get past the 16 again with him as our coach.

He's a very very good coach who can't recognize his faults or doesn't know how to fix them. Devastating loss !!!

i mean we lost in the most predictable way. we lost it doing the things the fans had feared all season.

we had hoped the entire time mick would learn from the mistakes. he did not. and it sent us home. jake being the PG in iso plays was always going to get us. you just never dreamed it would cost us a 22 point lead.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #494
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Cronin doesnt understand that the most coaching is done in practice. No need to constantly yell at the guys over every little thing. Im not sure why any player commits to play for him. Maybe they commit because of the assistants
Valid point I guess. Screaming for 40 minutes seems pretty futile. Not the first coach to do it but even my fiance was like "does screaming actually help the players?". There's times I've wanted someone to give Cronin the Kenyon Martin treatment
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #495
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
I agree with this. His yelling is counter-productive. Look at Coach K - he changed his style up and is more coach than COACH. Mick makes the players too tense.
Yeah, those who never change their mind never change anything. Mick has done plenty of great things for the program, but he needs to start adapting. If he continues to be stubborn, then I hope we look for a new coach in a couple of years. It’s time for Bohn/leadership to sit down with him and issue the ultimatum. It’s not time to fire him, it’s time to put his feet close to the fire. He needs to be pushed by someone just as he pushes his players.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #496
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
No, cane drove, tried to pass to washington, pass was deflected back to cane, cane is 1ft in front of the hoop and shoots it, gets fouled.

During the stopage Cronin screams stop shooting over and over at cane.
I'm referring to the 10:25 mark where cane drove and missed and Cronin clearly encouraged him afterward. I don't care about this anymore.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #497
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Valid point I guess. Screaming for 40 minutes seems pretty futile. Not the first coach to do it but even my fiance was like "does screaming actually help the players?". There's times I've wanted someone to give Cronin the Kenyon Martin treatment

the best part is mick said in an interview towards the end of the season he doesn't actually think yelling at them like that does any good. he doesn't think they listen to it or that it helps them.

but he still does it. he is quiet the hypocrite on a few topics.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #498
crimedogg27

crimedogg27 is on a distinguished road
Well, it was a really fun year at least up until the collapse of a lifetime. Hope Gary and Kyle have long professional career as they're great ambassadors for the program.
crimedogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #499
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
the best part is mick said in an interview towards the end of the season he doesn't actually think yelling at them like that does any good. he doesn't think they listen to it or that it helps them.

but he still does it. he is quiet the hypocrite on a few topics.

It's a valid point. If you have to yell that much during a game, either they are poorly prepared or are all a bunch of half wits...it's honestly 50/50 at this point
Old 03-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #500
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
It's a valid point. If you have to yell that much during a game, either they are poorly prepared or are all a bunch of half wits...it's honestly 50/50 at this point
our guys were tight as hell.

i dont know if any of you guys have played for a guy like that, but it lets doubt creep into your mind as a player. if you play with a fear of upsetting him, you aren't playing your best.