Is our best lineup...
I’d take Eliel over Tre but the other 4 I agree
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #52
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think 81 million is far too low for a brand new arena. im not sure you can build a new one these days under 200 million from just a quick google search.
Thanks for looking into that. I tried to look up what a new arena cost as well but didn’t get that far.. Still, we almost paid for half of the new arena so put it in context context
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #53
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We won 68-41 but it was close till about 10 minutes left. we shot 35% from the floor and 17% from 3. Offense was horrible.

Broome had 15 on 9 shots (all points in the 2nd half) Cumberland had 11 points.

Big guys were extremely underwhelming on offense. Brooks is not looking good at all and Nsoseme out played him. I would imagine Brooks is in danger of losing his PT.

Logan Johnson looked like he could be the best option at guard we have off the bench. Moore and KW were a combined 1-8.

Not much good to take from that game. We were under 1 PPP against a terrible D2 team. We have 6 days to figure something out.
Thanks
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #54
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
For the record.

Logan. Cane. Jarron. Frederick's. Tre.

Is our best lineup...
LOL, LL- When will what we think is the best lineup ever be the same as our coach?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #55
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
For the record.

Logan. Cane. Jarron. Frederick's. Tre.

Is our best lineup...

I just dont know what to think about Fredericks. I don't think he's as good as Rubles was as a Jr so that is kind of a problem.

I was trying to think of the best 5 man lineup for offense and its kind of tough. Scott almost has to be the 5 by default because nobody else gives you anything on offense. So you have Johnson, Broome, Cumberland, and Scott. But who on earth is the 5th player? You really need a guy that can stretch the floor so you have to hope Moore could make shots. But then you are super small with basically Cumberland at the 4.

I'm afraid this roster is going to be in some trouble.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:55 PM   #56
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
I’m not overly impressed by the renovations quite frankly given the $81 million price tag and year out of the facility. Yes the seats are super nice leather type material and we did get rid of the horrible wood bleachers but we also got rid of some of the private areas on the lower level - not that I ever used them. The upper deck seats still look pretty high up there. It is more comfortable for sure but for the price tag I am just wondering if we could not have built from scratch.
wut

there's an entirely new club section. there's another private club underneath the bench sideline section. we lost private areas on the lower level? how do you want them to magically keep capacity the same and somehow lower the seat height? maybe we could double the length of the court? bad seats in the upper corners are gone. it's an oval instead of a square.

they completely remade the entire interior of the arena for under $90M. those nederlander jerkoffs wanted $370M to renovate us bank arena. might need to realign your perspective.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:21 AM   #57
HExus

HExus is on a distinguished road
Team looks like dog crap. Gonna be a long year. Could be the snap of the NCAA streak.

New arena looks nice on the upside. Too bad they are gonna get bulldozed. So tired of this cities sports outlook.

If they don't start recruiting better with the new digs, I hate to say it but Micks gotta go.

I've been supporter of his for years now, but im tired of the excuses quite frankly.
HExus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:55 AM   #58
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Sheesh. Yes we didn't look good offensively. Was this the guys first time playing in the new arena? Acclimation! I've said before that this team will be reminiscent of the 14-15 team. Guys just have to feel out their roles and become acclimated in them. We will lose a couple games that we should undoubtedly win and we will win a couple that we probably have no business winning. A lot of moving parts here.

Am I concerned about making the tourney? Right now, yes. However, as you all know, that feeling will fluctuate....this season it will fluctuate on a game by game basis I'm sure.

I fully expect to look different against OSU. I'll panic later...if I need to.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:29 AM   #59
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I just dont know what to think about Fredericks. I don't think he's as good as Rubles was as a Jr so that is kind of a problem.

I was trying to think of the best 5 man lineup for offense and its kind of tough. Scott almost has to be the 5 by default because nobody else gives you anything on offense. So you have Johnson, Broome, Cumberland, and Scott. But who on earth is the 5th player? You really need a guy that can stretch the floor so you have to hope Moore could make shots. But then you are super small with basically Cumberland at the 4.

I'm afraid this roster is going to be in some trouble.
Fredricks is a way better shooter than rubles, he needs to just kick the ball out and reset the offense after he gets an offensive rebound cuz when he try’s to go back up with it in the paint he is going to get rejected all day
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:29 AM   #60
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
My 1st impressions:

1) The arena is very nice. Lots of effort to totally change the interior. There are several issues that need fixed of course. The people working the concessions were awful. Slow, unorganized and giving out wrong food. The craft beer bar is nice but understaffed and no easy way to know where the lines should be. And then once you get your beer you have to cut through people in line again as the table along the back blocks a large portion of the potential walk area. Additionally the interior was bland. I sure hope they plan more graphics or colors on the wall, otherwise it’ll look like NKUs place which was bland. And finally the size of the concession areas seemed pretty small, options more limited than I expected. But lot of improvement too, better seating. The incline is awesome. Upper level concourse with any beer or food is awesome. No wall keeping the students from the court is awesome. Lots of good, improvement need to be made however.

2) the team - ouch. I know it’s exhibition but that was painful. Brooks is exactly the same player. So if Jenifer. Both of those guys should play around 10 min max per game. Williams and Moore didn’t look any better. Fredericks looks like he needs a lot more time to adjust. Overall, I’m concerned. I think our best 5 are Johnson, Broome, Cumberland, Scott and Eliel. And if we go small, move Scott to 5 and play whoever is the hugest if Fredericks, Moore, Williams. Scott did not impress last night. Cumberland looked terrible passing the ball, potentially forcing things, but he doesn’t concern me. Team still can’t shoot. Really impressed by Johnson’s hustle and potential. Kid should start from day 1, we should live with his mistakes, cause he can be special.

Glad B-ball is back. Please Bearcats get it together and beat O$U.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote