DePaul hires Tony Stubblefied
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #162
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I said we judged them based on that, as if they were gonna perform bad under Mick when Mick has constantly proved he can do more with less. Justin Jenifer may have only been able to have a successful Jr and SR year under a guy like Mick.

If Brannen is innocent and fired only for technicalities then other coaching jobs should be offering him. I find it hard to believe he even gets a low major offer. No one wants the guy. And some how people on this board do, as if he's shown any reason why we should continue to put up with his ass hole ways
First off, we don’t know anything. No ones seems to know anything. Nothing is coming out.

Second, no one has said he’s innocent. It’s obviously he has some issues. It’s also obvious that the transfer thing is a real game changer and it’s easy to leave. I don’t understand why there is no in between with you
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:21 PM   #163
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
First off, we don’t know anything. No ones seems to know anything. Nothing is coming out.

Second, no one has said he’s innocent. It’s obviously he has some issues. It’s also obvious that the transfer thing is a real game changer and it’s easy to leave. I don’t understand why there is no in between with you
Because Justin can’t take emotions out of his decisions. He has hated CJB from the very beginning.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:53 PM   #164
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
After thinking About this and reading a fair amount I am now ready to put my nickel down with Brannen. We like the players that left, but they are all his players. He can find other similar ones. His style of basketball emphasizing the three is the future. I think he deserves at least two more years to prove Himself.Assuming that they don’t find anything very bad on him, I have no problem with him staying and will support him even if none of the transfers come back.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:45 PM   #165
nkywestside

nkywestside is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
After thinking About this and reading a fair amount I am now ready to put my nickel down with Brannen. We like the players that left, but they are all his players. He can find other similar ones. His style of basketball emphasizing the three is the future. I think he deserves at least two more years to prove Himself.Assuming that they don’t find anything very bad on him, I have no problem with him staying and will support him even if none of the transfers come back.
I'm in agreement with you. I personally want him back. I believe he is a good coach that will get better. Just wish the AD would just finish this up so he can do his thing on the recruiting trail and get this UC team ready for 2021-2022.
nkywestside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #166
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
Because Justin can’t take emotions out of his decisions. He has hated CJB from the very beginning.
My read was right all along then!
Thanks for pointing it out!
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:35 PM   #167
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkywestside View Post
I'm in agreement with you. I personally want him back. I believe he is a good coach that will get better. Just wish the AD would just finish this up so he can do his thing on the recruiting trail and get this UC team ready for 2021-2022.

So you think UC went through this whole thing and will ultimately clear John?

Ya know Greg Marshall released a statement when he was being investigated. But John has yet to even defend himself.

It lets me know that both parties want to keep this quiet and once they reach a buy out we will never know the full details.

Also on latest BCJ podcast, Chad mentioned UC had every intention to place John on leave, however there is something in his contract that prevents them from doing that. So I wouldn’t take him not being on a leave as a sign he is staying.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:45 PM   #168
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Just an FYI.., this whole team was his team minus Keith and UC was 289th in 3pt %

It was 3rd worst 3 point shooting % in the Kenpom era (since 1997). Only 2 mick Cronin teams shot worse. His first team and his 2010 team.

Also uc offense was 144th this year with his guys. His offensive ppp are literally the the worst in the Kenpom era (direct tie with Mick’s first year)

Literally what makes you think this guys offense works at this level ? We only got good last year when he finally just let jarron run the show.

Offensively John has been absolute dud in two seasons.

Lol John has had 1 team in his entire career in the top 100 of 3pt %.... and it was 91!!!

Sometimes I think people are confusing John brannen with John Wooden.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:58 AM   #169
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sometimes I think people are confusing John brannen with John Wooden.
You've repeated this several times. All Lawrugby said was Brannen's style of basketball emphasizes the three and that he should get two more years to prove himself. You must think John Wooden is an unproven coach who emphasized the three point shot. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think you're confusing John Brannen with Pat Knight. Pat took a successful Texas Tech program and ran it into the ground, then went to low major Lamar, berated his players, and was fired after going 7-54 over his last two seasons. Is that a fair comp for your opinion of Brannen?
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:39 AM   #170
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So you think UC went through this whole thing and will ultimately clear John?

Ya know Greg Marshall released a statement when he was being investigated. But John has yet to even defend himself.

It lets me know that both parties want to keep this quiet and once they reach a buy out we will never know the full details.

Also on latest BCJ podcast, Chad mentioned UC had every intention to place John on leave, however there is something in his contract that prevents them from doing that. So I wouldn’t take him not being on a leave as a sign he is staying.
Or it lets you know it’s not that big a deal and people are blowing it out of proportion. Literally everything you’ve decided is pure speculation and just what your mind pieced together. There’s is absolutely zero proof of anything you keep saying. Now, like a normal person, I don’t know what’s going on, so I’ll just suffer and wait and see. Because what’s the point of making Shit up I don’t know and getting all worked up over the unknown.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote