Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-14-2021, 07:31 AM   #1351
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Give me Ronald Nored.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:12 AM   #1352
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I want Gates. I think my second choice would be Nored or Tang. I also want John Jakus, he doesn't seemed to be involved.

I'm slowly warming up on Erik Martin, he'd be my fourth choice. I just worry about the pressure he will feel taking his first coaching job at UC. Much like I said with Brannen, I think being too connected to the fans/local area can be a bad thing. Brannen seemed to try to hard to please the fans and it backfired. I don't think Martin/Van Excel would be content to settle as an "old boys club" and not work hard, but that's a possible worry too.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:22 AM   #1353
skyblade
Epic Member

UC is having a ceremony tonight for Darren Davenport. So if the announcement is coming today it should be early.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #1354
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I want Gates. I think my second choice would be Nored or Tang. I also want John Jakus, he doesn't seemed to be involved.

I'm slowly warming up on Erik Martin, he'd be my fourth choice. I just worry about the pressure he will feel taking his first coaching job at UC. Much like I said with Brannen, I think being too connected to the fans/local area can be a bad thing. Brannen seemed to try to hard to please the fans and it backfired. I don't think Martin/Van Excel would be content to settle as an "old boys club" and not work hard, but that's a possible worry too.
Brannen wasn’t connected locally in right places. Martin can call up the area players best players fathers for a drink. He literally knows the coaches and parents personally
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #1355
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a lot more coaches were being thought about than the original conversation. Some in the original conversation may not even have been called. So whatever happens I think this went better than last time when we reached a consensus in no time flat.

Still think we end up with Martin and if we do we better get The Quick!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #1356
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Brannen wasn’t connected locally in right places. Martin can call up the area players best players fathers for a drink. He literally knows the coaches and parents personally
I don't know how you can spend 6 years in northern KY and Cincy and not have local connections but if true that is a sad sad statement
Old 04-14-2021, 11:21 AM   #1357
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully we get something today
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #1358
UCats329

UCats329 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't know how you can spend 6 years in northern KY and Cincy and not have local connections but if true that is a sad sad statement
The guy didn't have social skills, that's how.
UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:34 PM   #1359
skyblade
Epic Member

https://twitter.com/pencerm/status/1382375249585573891

Don't think he is too reliable, but there is a ton of smoke right now that it's Erik Martin and the news will be out soon.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #1360
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
The guy didn't have social skills, that's how.
I don't either but I wasn't called for the job. WTF?