Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-15-2021, 02:13 PM   #1551
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=skyblade;215817]I want Diarra back too!

He's graduated lol. This is not the style of Coach for Diarra. He'd be riding the pine for Miller in my opinion.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:16 PM   #1552
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We don't know for sure who is going to be here but if Wes brings in players that beat out these guys for minutes...we are going to be damn good. Assuming we get them all to stay.

Eason, DD, MAW, Saunders, Davenport, Madsen, (Lakhin?)

Makes me think about the last 2 years of practices...Who on the team was going to challenge our better players in practice...Sam Martin, Vogt, Rap......
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #1553
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I want Diarra back too!

Allegri looks like he'd be good if he put on 5-10 lbs, but if Tari comes back he'd be stuck on the bench with Davenport at the 3 and Tari at the 4.

Hunter I'd be okay with as a veteran who can get some bench minutes. But wouldn't want him starting.
Let dou go play somewhere. Better for dou to drop a level and play than play spot minutes
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:38 PM   #1554
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
[quote=Loser Mentality;215823]
Quote:
I want Diarra back too!

He's graduated lol. This is not the style of Coach for Diarra. He'd be riding the pine for Miller in my opinion.
Coach likes guys who bring defense and energy, even if they make some mistakes. Seems a lot better for Dou than Brannen was.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:43 AM   #1555
skyblade
Epic Member

Sort of unrelated to everything. Corryville Carl posted two days ago on twitter that CJ Fredrick from Iowa to UK is a done deal. Fredrick entered the transfer portal today. If he does end up at UK, does the NCAA do any investigation into tampering?
Old 04-19-2021, 11:51 AM   #1556
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sort of unrelated to everything. Corryville Carl posted two days ago on twitter that CJ Fredrick from Iowa to UK is a done deal. Fredrick entered the transfer portal today. If he does end up at UK, does the NCAA do any investigation into tampering?
Is there a rule that prevents coaches from recruiting signed players? I feel like that happens all the time
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #1557
skyblade
Epic Member

For those who want to stay updated on the Brannen saga. The notice of termination has been posted on twitter (by Keith Jenkins). The list of accusations is fairly long (pretty much everything from Justin Williams articles and then some. https://twitter.com/MrKeithJenkins/s...27506294071309
Old 05-03-2021, 10:27 PM   #1558
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
The most interesting part for me was "despite written reprimand." That makes it clear that both Brannen and Cunningham knew what was going on and were at odds during the season.

The payment for special benefits to a player was new to me also. The singular "a student athlete" invites speculation on which player they are referencing.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:40 AM   #1559
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
The most interesting part for me was "despite written reprimand." That makes it clear that both Brannen and Cunningham knew what was going on and were at odds during the season.

The payment for special benefits to a player was new to me also. The singular "a student athlete" invites speculation on which player they are referencing.
Ddj or rap
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #1560
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Ddj or rap
Tari was the first one who came to mind for me...What made you say DDJ or Rap?
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote