Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #71
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Horrible defensive, offensive and rebounding effort today but the first win at South Florida in years so you take it and go. Mentally the Cats just haven't been there the past couple games. Giving up offensive rebounds seems to be a trend here lately. Nearly cost them in Houston and it nearly cost them today. Rubles with 5 assist but I truly didn't think either he nor Jackson played very well. But again to get a win in Tampa is something I'll take.
jeff I really think we miss JL
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #72
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Louisville game cannot get here soon enough...we need to play some quality competition.
Seriously doubtful but we NEED Lawrence for that game. Our depth down low is killing us in so many facets. JJ fouls early, he gets yanked, Nyarsuk isn't even given a chance to contribute (just stands there when he's in), and the rest aren't all that big. Strickland redshirting really sucks. We become a "pass around the perimeter till we find an open three" team when we have nobody down low in. It also hurts defensively. Easy to get to the hoop and out rebounded like crazy.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #73
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
its a lot nicer to complain about a win instead of a loss. Not very pretty but a w
Exactly, I'll take it, but I'm less sold on this team than I've been in a long time. We need to play Louisville like NTS said and we need JL.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #74
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Seriously doubtful but we NEED Lawrence for that game. Our depth down low is killing us in so many facets. JJ fouls early, he gets yanked, Nyarsuk isn't even given a chance to contribute (just stands there when he's in), and the rest aren't all that big. Strickland redshirting really sucks. We become a "pass around the perimeter till we find an open three" team when we have nobody down low in. It also hurts defensively. Easy to get to the hoop and out rebounded like crazy.
They shot 37% from the three point line that wasn't the issue. You take that every night. The issue was offensive rebounds and 5 turnovers by Titus Rubles. Mentally they weren't ready to play.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #75
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i agree for depth purposes they do need him back
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #76
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I've said all year the loss of Strickland was huge for this team. Losing Lawrence is certainly a blow with nobody to fill the gap. I think he will be back by the Louisville game. Would like to see him get one in prior.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #77
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
17-2! What a great day to be a Bearcat fan!
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #78
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Mick: "Lawrence is feeling better every day. Hopefully he is on his road to recovery"
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #79
CPAW29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
They shot 37% from the three point line that wasn't the issue. You take that every night. The issue was offensive rebounds and 5 turnovers by Titus Rubles. Mentally they weren't ready to play.
Rubles has been tentative and indecisive. Seems like he doesn't know what he wants to do when he gets the ball
Old 01-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #80
CPAW29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
17-2! What a great day to be a Bearcat fan!
Thats true!