Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Temple (Jan 26)

Already beat them once, but I believe Will Cummings will be back in this game and he is a good scorer (16 points, 4 assists). This game really scares me, especially the fact that they are going to pack it in and sit in that zone all night. Cincinnati is going to need to come out with focus and take Temple out of the game early, but I fear another sluggish start. I feel like it will come down to the last 5 minutes like every Temple game has this season.

Cincinnati 60, Temple 58
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
I don't get the worry. Yeah it's a road game, but these guys have what, 5 wins? Just judging by their record they're easily the worst in the conference. Not saying we win by 30, but I think a 15 point win is likely.

I'll say UC 70, Temple 55.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I don't get the worry. Yeah it's a road game, but these guys have what, 5 wins? Just judging by their record they're easily the worst in the conference. Not saying we win by 30, but I think a 15 point win is likely.

I'll say UC 70, Temple 55.
Up until the LaSalle game on Saturday (which was a 2-point game with 15 seconds remaining), Temple had led in the 2nd half of every game they played. Their record is a little deceiving. They might be the worst team in the conference, but they are very competitive.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
They have nothing to lose, we have everything to lose. It's a chance for them to give something for their crowd this year, would not doubt it if we overlook them and started focusing on the Louisville game. This game has trap game written all over it.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #5
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Temple has lost at home to Kent State, Texas Southern, and USF, amongst others. They are certainly capable of beating us as they showed in their first game against us when they were winning with about 7 minutes left in the game. But it would be a bad loss.

They are a pretty good offensive team. But they are terrible defensively. Absolutely horrendous. Our performance against them last time offensively was very weak for most of the game. Mick even admitted that they weren't ready for the zone and it took too long to adjust.

Safe to say we will be ready for it this time.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I expect the Bearcats to be focused for Temple as a tune up for Louisville. They know what's coming. A bigger concern to me is Pitino having a week to concentrate solely on Cincinnati.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 01-24-2014 at 07:36 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I expect the Bearcats to be focused for Temple as a tune up for Louisville. They know what's coming. A bigger concern to me is Pitino having a week to concentrate solely on Cincinnati.
That's dangerous isn't it? Could be brutal.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
That's dangerous isn't it? Could be brutal.
It is a long season and teams are going to lose games. The team hasn't put together a full game performance yet, maybe Louisville will be the night that it comes together. If not, a loss could help to refocus the team with the stretch run of the season to come.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #9
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
It is a long season and teams are going to lose games. The team hasn't put together a full game performance yet, maybe Louisville will be the night that it comes together. If not, a loss could help to refocus the team with the stretch run of the season to come.
I agree because the rest of the schedule will be a big game every game and no win will be easy. I mean even the next five games are going to be a huge test. I really hope we get Lawrence back. To play Temple, UL, UCONN, and SMU...I think Cronin and our seniors will be focused. Just like playing in the old BE..no breaks in the schedule.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Temple got our players attention when they challenged us at home they understand it will be even harder and the road and Cronin knows that and will have them ready. Sk and jj know road games like this are hard. We will be ready
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote