Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #1
BEARCAT-4-LIFE

BEARCAT-4-LIFE is on a distinguished road
GAME DAY!

Alright guys looks like vegas has the Cards -9 1/2 and seen where they are having throwback night at the Yum Center fans encouraged to wear their vintage UL gear.

First thing we have to limit our turnovers, kinda excited to see how TC handles this kind of pressure.
GG has to be a game changer tonight with his D and hopefully knock down a few 3's, SK has to get hot early and Rubles and Shaq gotta be active on the boards and get to the free throw line. My guys though tonight if JJ cant go full strength is big Dave and Sanders they got to grab the boards and wreck havoc downlow. Let's Go Cats give em hell!

Cats-68
Cards-65
BEARCAT-4-LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCAT-4-LIFE View Post
Alright guys looks like vegas has the Cards -9 1/2 and seen where they are having throwback night at the Yum Center fans encouraged to wear their vintage UL gear.

First thing we have to limit our turnovers, kinda excited to see how TC handles this kind of pressure.
GG has to be a game changer tonight with his D and hopefully knock down a few 3's, SK has to get hot early and Rubles and Shaq gotta be active on the boards and get to the free throw line. My guys though tonight if JJ cant go full strength is big Dave and Sanders they got to grab the boards and wreck havoc downlow. Let's Go Cats give em hell!

Cats-68
Cards-65
I'm not a betting man but I would take UC and that spread. Already said it but I'm picking the Bearcats outright.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
I'm geared up! I hope the Cats come ready for a raucous crowd. I'll play devil's advocate...

If we allow Louisville to control the tempo...Head
Cards 71-56

If we can slow them down and force them into bad shots/one and done...Heart

Bearcats 55-52

Here's hoping for the latter.

Let's go Bearcats!!!!
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I'm not a betting man but I would take UC and that spread. Already said it but I'm picking the Bearcats outright.
Jeff if your right I want your help filling out my brcket sheet. LOl. Would love the Cats to get the W but I like are chances at home much better with a healthy JL and no injury clouds hanging over JJ's head.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCAT-4-LIFE View Post

Cats-68
Cards-65
What is the money line?
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:31 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Louisville has played outstanding the past 4 games they have been fueled by Smith and Hancock over that span; with Wayne Blackshear having a game where he went 8-10 and the last two games Harrell has made 15/13 field goals and pulled down 23 rebounds.

Russ Smith over the last 4 games is as follows:
22/47 fields goals, 10/15 from 3, 22/31 ft's....He also has averaged over 4 t.o.'s a game the past 4.

Luke Hancock's last 4:
21/44 field goals, 10/27 from 3, 8/11 ft's

Combined they are 43/91 fg, 20/43 from 3, 30/42 fts with 24 t.o.s collectively. There's your engine that has driven this surge. That's quite a pace when you consider they've hit 47% of their field goals, 46.5% from 3, and over 71% from the ft line. That's incredible, especially the 3 point percentage since both their best career percentage in a full season from there is 39%. I think it's fools gold and one reason I'm picking UC.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #7
BEARCAT-4-LIFE

BEARCAT-4-LIFE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
What is the money line?
over/under 128.5 Vegas Insider didnt have a moneyline out but early betting has 74% taking Cincy +9
BEARCAT-4-LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:20 AM   #8
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Louisville has played outstanding the past 4 games they have been fueled by Smith and Hancock over that span; with Wayne Blackshear having a game where he went 8-10 and the last two games Harrell has made 15/13 field goals and pulled down 23 rebounds.

Russ Smith over the last 4 games is as follows:
22/47 fields goals, 10/15 from 3, 22/31 ft's....He also has averaged over 4 t.o.'s a game the past 4.

Luke Hancock's last 4:
21/44 field goals, 10/27 from 3, 8/11 ft's

Combined they are 43/91 fg, 20/43 from 3, 30/42 fts with 24 t.o.s collectively. There's your engine that has driven this surge. That's quite a pace when you consider they've hit 47% of their field goals, 46.5% from 3, and over 71% from the ft line. That's incredible, especially the 3 point percentage since both their best career percentage in a full season from there is 39%. I think it's fools gold and one reason I'm picking UC.
they have a really good offense and if we take any plays off it will kill us. we cant let them go on any runs
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:20 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

ESPNAndyKatz Andy Katz
Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin said in text Justin Jackson (6 min vs. Temple) will start against Louisville tonight in American showdown.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #10
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Per Andy Katz per Mick Cronin - Justin Jackson will start tonight!!!
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote