Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #81
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I still don't think MAW is a natural PG, he has been good but SG is his more natural position. I expect Saunders to take over the role at some point and MAW to move to SG.

It seems like we were using Jarron at PG quite a bit last not and even a fair amount of the Cronin offense from last year (give Jarron the ball and get out of the way).
I think he can split some point duties while he is out there but when things get heated I like Jarron with the ball running the show. He is kind of a hybrid and not a true point guard. I was thinking the same thing about Saunders...he can help move MAW off the ball if we need some wing players. Hopefully Saunders is ready for that...
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:44 PM   #82
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think Brannen has settled into a rotation. Sorolla has been getting 10-12 and Diara 6-8. Davenport 0 lately and Harvey has only been getting 3 or less for about the last 5 games. McNeal is looking like about a 15 minute guy.

Obviously fouls will adjust the minutes but I like the adjustments made after the Colgate game so far.
If Davenport and Harvey stay, they will have their time next year. Both will play a ton. Question is will they stay. Never know now days. Davenport probably will. Harvey i have no idea.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:34 AM   #83
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If Davenport and Harvey stay, they will have their time next year. Both will play a ton. Question is will they stay. Never know now days. Davenport probably will. Harvey i have no idea.
I think they will both stay. Davenport is a cincy guy and has a great relationship with JB. I know Harvey was a top 50 guy but let us not forget that no other school wanted him after his legal incident and Bohn and Pinto had to go through a long process to get him here. Remember he wanted to reclassify to 2020 and he did, but when the prep school he was at told him he couldn't come back he had to re classify back to 2019 and Regardless of his ranking we took a chance on Zach and he didn't even play last year due to injury. Yes I am a fan, but even if I wasn't he would be silly to transfer. UC gave him a break and he will be the future of this team, he has a ton of Senior depth in front of him. But then again 19 year old's aren't exactly know to have a lot of patience haha.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:11 AM   #84
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I think they will both stay. Davenport is a cincy guy and has a great relationship with JB. I know Harvey was a top 50 guy but let us not forget that no other school wanted him after his legal incident and Bohn and Pinto had to go through a long process to get him here. Remember he wanted to reclassify to 2020 and he did, but when the prep school he was at told him he couldn't come back he had to re classify back to 2019 and Regardless of his ranking we took a chance on Zach and he didn't even play last year due to injury. Yes I am a fan, but even if I wasn't he would be silly to transfer. UC gave him a break and he will be the future of this team, he has a ton of Senior depth in front of him. But then again 19 year old's aren't exactly know to have a lot of patience haha.
Have you seen zach’s mom on Twitter? She isn’t happy with him not playing. Not saying that means he will leave but it makes you think it is a possibility.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #85
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
This ^^

He has to give it a year to get his legs all the way back and to get back in playing shape. 2 players in front of him will be gone next year. If he can't find some minutes next year then and only then should he maybe be thinking transfer. We stuck our neck out for him but he is clearly not ready and I would think if he and his parents/handlers are objective they can all see it's not his time yet.

If he was impressing everyone and being held back by a coach I would have a different opinion...but he hasn't really done much to make that case. You can see the talent
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #86
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Have you seen zach’s mom on Twitter? She isn’t happy with him not playing. Not saying that means he will leave but it makes you think it is a possibility.
Ive done some digging on the twitter world. Do they even speak? They dont follow eachother on twitter. Did he block her? She also doesnt have any pictures with him over the last 10 years or so. Only of when he was a child
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #87
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
This ^^

He has to give it a year to get his legs all the way back and to get back in playing shape. 2 players in front of him will be gone next year. If he can't find some minutes next year then and only then should he maybe be thinking transfer. We stuck our neck out for him but he is clearly not ready and I would think if he and his parents/handlers are objective they can all see it's not his time yet.

If he was impressing everyone and being held back by a coach I would have a different opinion...but he hasn't really done much to make that case. You can see the talent
I would love for him to stay. I think he will be good but that’s not how it usually works in today’s game. If they don’t play, they usually leave.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #88
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
Ive done some digging on the twitter world. Do they even speak? They dont follow eachother on twitter. Did he block her? She also doesnt have any pictures with him over the last 10 years or so. Only of when he was a child
I don’t follow either of them. I just see what people repost so I have no inside info. I just wouldn’t be surprised either way based on what I see her saying.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:22 AM   #89
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I don’t follow either of them. I just see what people repost so I have no inside info. I just wouldn’t be surprised either way based on what I see her saying.
Her twitter page is a trainwreck. Its embarasssing.

Zach could be good. Who knows. From what ive seen he warrants no additional minutes. Hes a hack on defense and hasnt come close to making a jumper.

Last edited by TheLivingLegend; 01-03-2020 at 09:24 AM.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #90
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Her twitter page is a trainwreck. Its embarasssing.

Zach could be good. Who knows. From what ive seen he warrants no additional minutes. Hes a hack on defense and hasnt come close to making a jumper.
Yea. It's hard to read.

That said, Bearcats fans need to refrain from talking shit to her like some apparently have.

Just let her talk into the wind and let it go.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote